How do you secure your M37

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

no offense to all these ideas, but a flat tow is as simple as crawling under the truck and dropping a driveshaft or popping the Tcase in neutral.

only true way to stop a theft is to make an electrical discharge system that blasts them with 100K volts if they touch the truck!!
Mac
PVT
PVT

Post by Mac »

I use a battery disconnect, keyed ignition, 3 large dogs, the fact that my (as well as most of them probably) truck is pretty loud, the whole idea behind no one can figure out how to drive it, as well as always having someone at my house incase they hear a truck.

Another thought-- my truck always (unless recently driven or on a very hot day) has to warm up for a minute, so you could try making yours run worse :lol:

As for the chain Idea, I agree that it could be very easily removed, but since half of this is really just to make ourselves feel better about having it be safe and most likely wouldn't stop a theif (keyed ignition could easily be gone around if you had a flashlight and a few minutes), why not just go all out with the chain idea as this fellow security concerned chap did in russia? Image
Last edited by Mac on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1951 M37 w\w
Marcus in NC
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

:lol: Very funny! Unfortunately, even that won't deter a determined thief with a rock or brick in his hand. It makes stealing the car a little more difficult, perhaps, but not impossible.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

As the saying goes "Locks keep honest people, honest."
Ansis

Hot Cross Buns

Post by Ansis »

The South Africans seem to know how to stop car jackers:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm

Now all ya gotta do is figure out a way to “flame on” inside the cab via a secret switch whenever you leave your OD pride ‘n joy unattended ;)

Ansis
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Re: Hot Cross Buns

Post by Nickathome »

Ansis wrote:The South Africans seem to know how to stop car jackers:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm

Now all ya gotta do is figure out a way to “flame on” inside the cab via a secret switch whenever you leave your OD pride ‘n joy unattended ;)

Ansis
Yeah, and the minute your little "invention" flame broils some wood be crook, he, or his next of kin will sue the tar out of you. Better to let him have the truck in that case, at least you'll be out less money and financial heartache.
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Funny, no one has mentioned ...

Post by N1VSM »

LOJACK? If you live in a populated area and have $800+ to shell out (cheaper than a winch), you could get the remains of your truck back. Just a thought...
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
palmczak
PVT
PVT

Post by palmczak »

I make sure mine stays ugly. ;-) No one in there right mind would steal it.

For anything of value I find out of sight is the best way to prevent theft. Drivers under seat storage can be locked but rarely is. Don't let them see the GPS (or what ever) and they won't think to steel it....
M37DODGE
PVT
PVT

Post by M37DODGE »

Great,

But what are the amperes of the two 12 volts batteries for the m37?

Thanks a lot
OLDSMOBILE 88 ROCKET 1955
CJ3B MITSUBISHI WILLYS JEEP
DODGE M37
LAND ROVER LIGHTWEIGHT LONG WHEEL BASE SOFT TOP
LAND ROVER LIGHTWEIGH LONG WHEEL BASE HARD TOP
KenInGA
CPL
CPL

Post by KenInGA »

My Current Anti-Theft device is a battery-disconnect switch, and keeping the truck taken apart sufficiently that it would taken even me a year to find all of the body components and such....
'62 M37B1- It runs AND stops!
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

KenInGA wrote:My Current Anti-Theft device is a battery-disconnect switch, and keeping the truck taken apart sufficiently that it would taken even me a year to find all of the body components and such....
hahahahaha hillarious. :D
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.