Anybody Been to Aberdeen on a Thursday ??

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

Anybody Been to Aberdeen on a Thursday ??

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

I see the Aberdeen meet is this weekend on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'm wondering if everyone is already set up to sell stuff on Thursday morning....meaning they get there on Wednesday....or are they just rolling in on Thursday morning? It's a good 2 hour drive from my place and I don't want to get there and have to wait a few hours for everyone to get their stuff out and set up when I could have been sleeping. :lol: So if anyone has been there on a Thursday......are they ready to rock and roll at 8:00am or does it make more sense to get there around noon?

thanks,
bob
Cal_Gary

Re: Anybody Been to Aberdeen on a Thursday ??

Post by Cal_Gary »

Bob, I haven't been to Aberdeen (except Army Mech school in 1976) but can speak from experience on the many other swap meets I've attended, including 3 MVPA Nationals. I've attended several meets across 3 days and always ran across "new stuff" each day. From that standpoint, I do not recommend going on Day One unless it's the only chance you have-many vendors get set up late so you could miss out on several needed parts. I would also avoid the last day of the meet (some vendors leave early that morning) but offer one caveat: if you must attend on the last day of the meet you could also score some great deals because the remaining sellers don't want to truck their left-over stuff back home-open the dialogue and bargain with 'em--you won't be sorry.
Just my 2 cents,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi CG,

I hear ya! I plan to be there on Friday and Saturday, but I know on the first day the vendors all swap/sell their "good stuff" amongst themselves......and I want to try to get in on that action. It sounds like I don't need to be there the second it opens, as it's probably a bit smarter to give the vendors some time to roll in and start setting up before I start walking the isles.

thanks,
bob
rickv100
SGT
SGT

Post by rickv100 »

I plan on going Friday. Right now the weather calls for showers on Saturday. Usually that means vendors close up early and head for home. Saturday was a washout last year after the storms rolled through on Friday night.

Rick
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Thursday afternoon is a good time to visit, venders roll in all day and by mid afternoon the goodies are being laid out, priced and the scramble to get bargains is in full swing. I have been going to the Aberdeen Rally for over 20 years and usually do a Thursday afternoon, all day Friday and Saturday until about 2-3 Pm. Looking forward to seeing you there Bob... :D
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Carter,

Thanks for the heads-up.......I'll see you at the meet!!

regards,
bob
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

I wanted to, but can not make again this year, but next year I'll be foot loose and fancy free. (retired, I hope?) Thursday is always a good afternoon/evening, if you can, try and hook up w/ Carter and the Big Electric Gang, aka; Robie's M-37 Registry. (I'm a hold out from the old days) I have missed the last four years for graduation!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA