Memorial Day Weekend plans with the M-37?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

vtdeucedriver
SFC
SFC

Memorial Day Weekend plans with the M-37?

Post by vtdeucedriver »

Anyone got plans??? How about tim in VT??? What do you have on the schedule for Sat????

Take pics and post em here!

Ive got a parade on Sat, and Monday.
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club Army Transportation Association Vietnam

http://linehaulrvn.tripod.com
1951 M37
1954 M37
1953 M62
1967 M54A1C
1968 M54A2C
1968 M52A2
1966 M151A1
jimmy_stikx
SGT
SGT

Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans with the M-37?

Post by jimmy_stikx »

Me and some buddies are going to drive the Mojave Road that runs across the Mojave preserve. Me in the 53, and f350 following. The Ford will probably flat tow the 53 to the tail head at Ft. Mojave.
bill monahan
CPL
CPL

Post by bill monahan »

Going to debut the freshly painted and marked 53 in the Memorial Day parade in Spring Lake NJ. on Sunday. First time out. Wouldn't you know a door latch spring broke on Friday. Door does stay shut though with handle in locked position. Then again theres always a bungee cord. Sorry, still can't figure out posting pictures.
Cav Trooper
SGT
SGT

Post by Cav Trooper »

Been invited by local Ohio state house representative to drive my M37 in the parade in West Chester, Ohio. Her and her husband in the back with the 50 cal mounted. She's pro gun all the way too.
HHT 2nd ACR
Merrell Barracks, Nuremberg, Ger.
1967/68
71st AHC, 14th AHB, Americal Div.
Chu-Lai, S. VietNam
Cav Trooper
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I'll pull mine out of the garage and fly the flag-still waiting on the MVPA National late July to get my brake parts so I can't participate in anything right now-safety first!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

It will be a pretty full day for us and the M37. I am going to attend the Westfield Center, Ohio Memorial Day Parade and activities. This was the first parade I had done when the truck was first roadworthy. It will be nice to be back. They are having a guest speaker from the Wounded Warrior Project. Then we are going to stop by the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetary and visit an old friend Ed Smith, who was a F-51 (P51) pilot in Korea and a beloved member of our MAPS Air Museum. Forward onto two more cemetaries, then to my parents grave, and if time permits, the Ohio Veteran's Memorial Park. :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

WOW!!! I am so proud of you guys. Impressive show of your feelings. Long may she wave, I know every truck out there will have one. cant wait to do that stuff TOOOOOOOOO. To all have a great day...vinnytruck and joe
vinnytruck
powerwagontim
SFC
SFC

Post by powerwagontim »

Hi Jeff,
I am going to be in Montreal for the weekend.
Tim
Happiness is enjoying what you already have!
vtdeucedriver
SFC
SFC

Post by vtdeucedriver »

powerwagontim wrote:Hi Jeff,
I am going to be in Montreal for the weekend.
Tim
Bummer,
We have got to get you involved at some point with the local crew! You should not be enjoying these VT back roads by yourself :D

1951 M37
1954 M37
1953 M62
1967 M54A1C
1968 M54A2C
1968 M52A2
1966 M151A1
vtdeucedriver
SFC
SFC

Post by vtdeucedriver »

Well our plans are progressing nicely. I am hoping for good weather by the end of the weekend as we currently have a good weather front that has moved in.

My Sat parade is a annual MV club event that is hosted by one of our members. We participate in the parade in his town and then return to his home to a BBQ lunch and where our club will have its May meeting. We usually have a pretty good turnout. A few of us are working to get together and camp out friday night at a rally point so that the majority of us can convoy into town instead of coming from all directions. This is looking to be a fun one.

Sunday is special for me and my tradition for a very long time. I will head out and walk a cemetary to pay my respects to those that served and who are no longer with us. Each year its at a different location. Sometimes I will hit more than one location but always do I find interesting people. To find some that died in the field of battle such as Fredricksburg or Andersonville, the trenches of France in WWI or a MIA Navy Sailor in WW2. Its pretty humbling to see such stones.

Last year was a first for me as normally I do this alone but to have the company of my 5 month old daughter made it a bit special. Durring this trip, she got her very first diaper change on the tailgate. She seemed open to the idea and I told her that next year we will make it extra special. So this year I plan on making it a Picnic with her. Some may thing its a bit morbid I guess but here in VT we have some pretty locations and I cant think of a better place to have a picnic with my daughter and some fallen hero's. Another new tradition I am adding with her is that I am now going to plant flowers at a stone of our choosing. I have noted in recent years that some of these plots have been neglected. As time and their love ones pass, their stone is marked by a flag and if its often a service stone they get hard to read due to the grass being grown over them. I have bought some bulbs that will return year after year and a few flowers to put in for now. This year I will be returning to a stone that I found last year and the main reason why I have started this new tradition with my daughter. He was a soldier that was killed in Vietnam and it bothered me about the condition of the stone...........so we will fix that.

Monday we are back to a parade. I have a couple to choose from so maybe I will join up with some club members and take another ride. Im sure my daughter will be with me on this one so if your in VT on monday, look for the M-37 with the pink carseat. :D

Post your pics over the weekend and for a fun contest................take a pic of the odometer when you start and another when you finnish!!! Lets see who has the most!!!

1951 M37
1954 M37
1953 M62
1967 M54A1C
1968 M54A2C
1968 M52A2
1966 M151A1
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

I drove my M1009 to work today since we finally had 80 degree weather and I now have a small radiator leak that has us hard down. :(

I will remove it on Wednesday and see if I can do a field expedient repair to get us thru the weekend. I hope that I can seal it enough to get this truck into the parade.

I will advise my sitrep after repair attempt.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
jimmy_stikx
SGT
SGT

Post by jimmy_stikx »

A can of ground pepper should fix it, or an egg should work in a pinch. An oxy torch and gunsmithing type silver solder should be darn near permanent.
rickv100
SGT
SGT

Post by rickv100 »

I will be attending a Memorial Day parade in Kennett Square, PA. The local MVPA has a good turnout and there were three M37's in the parade last year. My truck is down with a bad master cylinder right now. I have a new one and I have not had a chance to get it installed. I still have doors to repair and rehang before I feel comfortable taking it on a long road trip from NJ to PA for the Memorial Day parade.

Right now my goal is to get it road worthy for the local July 4th parade.

Rick
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Surprisingly I was the only MV in the parade. It was cold and rainy here in NE Ohio. Some pics here in my album:
http://g741.org/photogallery/main.php?g2_itemId=11847
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Excellent pictures David, the candy stuck in the treads of the tires comment made me chuckle. :lol:

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR