Chevron Dealers ...

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Chevron Dealers ...

Post by N1VSM »

Anyone know where I can get Chevron Black Pearl bearing grease? My local Chevron dealer won't give me the time of day - my contact there retired :cry:
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: Chevron Dealers ...

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

N1VSM wrote:Anyone know where I can get Chevron Black Pearl bearing grease? My local Chevron dealer won't give me the time of day - my contact there retired :cry:
We used to use a lot of Chevron Products, local dealer at that time was the only option for purchase. We had to buy in case quantity or larger on grease. As well as I remember, Black Pearl isn't specifically a bearing grease, but is an NLGI#2 spec which covers various applications as well as bearings.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
DaveO
PFC
PFC

Post by DaveO »

I was in the same conundrum; I was using Black Pearl in Alaska, and liked it. When I got down here I had to hunt down a distributor. I found one in nearby Virginia who wanted twice what I was paying back home. I decided to try Lucas X-tra Heavy Duty from the local NAPA instead. The spec sheet, to my decidedly limited knowledge, looks like this will fill the bill (for NLGI#2 GC-LB). I have yet to apply it, so I don't know how it performs.

BTW: http://www.chevron.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx

Good luck...

Dave
Dave Ostlund
1941 WC9
1952 M37 W/W
1953 M38A1
M116
RTFB