Military Vehicles Magazine Shipping and Handling????

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

pfrederi
CPL
CPL

Military Vehicles Magazine Shipping and Handling????

Post by pfrederi »

OK so this is a rant. I just got a renewal notice from Military Vehicles Magazine $17.98 for one year PLUS $3 Shipping and Handling!!!!

Now wait a minute if the magazine is $20.98 then say so!!

So I guess if I send them $17.98 and tell them to hold my copies I can swing by their office and pick them up avoiding the $3??

I have noted some other magazines (especially in Publishers Clearing House mailings) add S&H. I will not subscribe to any of them.

I have enjoyed MV Magazine but I will not be renewing...Actually the $20.98 is not unreasonable, I just do not like being mislead as to the cost...do they really think we are all that dumb not to realize it costs $20.98 not 17.98 and if so why the "teaser" price!
Paul f
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Economic Climate

Post by m-37Bruce »

I gave up on MVM last year, I sticking w/ MVPA, two fer one so to speak!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

I think Military Vehicles Mag is only for the ads. There are some articles in there from time to time but it seems like 80% or more is now ads. I like the ads but it's getting out of hand.

Perhaps they don't get enough article submissions?
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

MVM

Post by Nickathome »

Yep, I'm about a year away from dumping my subscription to MVM as well. When the new publisher took over several years ago, I noticed the price start to climb. I'm also one who isn't into ads, and for some companies in there its 4 or 5 full pages of nothing but their ads. I guess that's cheaper than publishing their own catalog. Fine, but when I don't even deal with that company, then the magazine becomes a waste for me.......

And to top things off, they stopped sending the calender, at least I didn't get one the last time I reupped my subscript.
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

S&H

Post by HingsingM37 »

You want some bad S&H? I ordered 4 data plates from VPW that came in a bubble envelope. Not even 6OZ of material. They charged me $11.00 to ship to OH :evil:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

I dropped my subscription a little over a year ago. It seemed like the magazine lacked something after Chet Krause sold to the new publisher.
That's really too bad because I looked forward to getting it in the mail.
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Rusty S.
PFC
PFC

Post by Rusty S. »

I let my subscription lapse a couple years ago. Then I started again, thinking it may have improved. I concur that there are too many ads and not enough articles that are interesting or useful. Steve Tourchet`s(sp) articles are great and the show schedule was helpful but the magazine is still lacking. I have ignored the renewal notices that have been coming in the mail.

I used to belong to the MVPA and get the two publications they put out but they were very WW2 oriented for the most part and not very helpful to my post war interests.

Unfortunately, MV mag is easily replaced by the internet and not really worth the money. Too bad. I have many of their older issues and it was once a really great magazine...
Rusty S.