decal on front left bumper

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

decal on front left bumper

Post by anthony manzella »

I have a decal on my front left bumper that is about a 3 inch triangle with three triangles with in the main the top is white the next at bottom left red at bottom right blue with all of that is a front picture of a M37 at the very bottom of the triangle are the letters M V C C what do these letters stand for I cannot find anything close to that at my local V F W PLEASE HELP ! :?: :idea:
Rick C
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Rick C »

It's a member decal for the Military Vehicles Collectors Club. Predecessor of the MVPA if i recall......
Rick C
Kurt Hirte
PFC
PFC

Post by Kurt Hirte »

Look closer at what you think is an m37 on the decal. I think it's a 3/4 ton wc :D Kurt
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

That might be the Military Vehicle Collectors of California-a state-wide group with several chapters. Not a predecessor of the MVPA that I'm aware of.
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

M37 decal

Post by anthony manzella »

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT ! NOW WHEN I STRIP IT DOWN AND REPAINT TO WHAT I KNOW SHOULD BE ORGINAL BY LOOSING THE DECAL IS NO BIG DEAL OR DOCUMENT ALL ON VEHICAL AND PUT BACK TO NORMAL INCLUDING THE DECAL. HOPE TO HAVE IT ALL DONE BY SPRING OF 08. R.S.V.P. PLEASE :?
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

If you feel that the decal needs to be included based on the type of restoration you are doing, then by all means, do so. On the other hand, that decal to my knowledge was never included when the vehicle came from the factory, so the importance of the decal is strictly your call based on what you want your vehicle to represent. Some guys go all-out with correct unit markings, bridge sign kits, appropriate heaters, nuts, bolts, screws (you get the idea) but others just use their vehicle to haul wood, daily driver, plow vehicle, etc, with less emphasis on originality.
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
gwalker
CPL
CPL

Post by gwalker »

Yes it is an old M.V.C.C. decal, it reorganized under the current name M.V.P.A. (they still use that same decal) its the largest military vehicle club, you can visti their site here
www.mvpa.org