OD Footman Loop for First Aid Kit

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

overton
PVT
PVT

OD Footman Loop for First Aid Kit

Post by overton »

I see OD footman loops available on ebay for $14 plus shipping for a pack of them. I only need TWO. If you have a couple laying around, I will buy them from you for $5

I'm getting closer on having my First Aid Kit installed but now I need a couple footman loops to hold the strap that holds the kit. My 1963 M37B1 does not have the slots in the metal on the side of the seat so these are needed to hold the strap. Unless someone has a better idea that does not require screwing into the metal.

Thanks,
Greg
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Greg - you are on the right track. I bought a 3 pack of little footman loops and painted them up to match. We drilled and bolted them to the seat side. We had trouble finding the push in rubber bumpers so we bought 3 rubber bumper that used screws from ACE Hardware. I couldn't find the push in ones at NAPA as some guys suggested. Keith
52m37Hal
PFC
PFC

Post by 52m37Hal »

I had some spares but not sure if any left. If you still are in need let me know and I will look around. The ones I had/have are plated so will need to be sanded or sandblasted and then painted OD.
Hal
uglyranger
PFC
PFC

Post by uglyranger »

Picked up a well used First Aid Box with dents and rust. I sand blasted, primed and painted it using a rattle can Krylon "Olive" from Wal-Mart. Had a picture of the decal, put it into "Word", resized it to fit the box and printed it onto a "glossy" peal-and-stick 8 x 11 sheet of paper, cut it out and stuck it on the box. Here is the before and after:
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Slick! :D
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"