New Old guy needing opinions

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Wayne64
SSGT
SSGT

New Old guy needing opinions

Post by Wayne64 »

Last Sunday down at the Skeet range a buddy told me about a M37 for sale locally. I drove them a few times in the Army and it perked my interest. After days of reading here and hopping to what ever links I could find I drove up to see it. My friend knows the owner who wasn't home and I took some pics. It wouldn't start but did crank over, my guess is it's out of gas. I'll call the owner after I get enough feedback and maybe what questions I should ask. I was told it was a 1960, but after some of my reading it appears no 1960s were delivered? What I did see was it had a heater, still 24v, civilian radio installed under seat, electric fuel pump. The photos can be seen at this link on my daughters web site where I upload my personal stuff. Thanks Much!

http://crayonmedia.com/wayne/M37/

The rest of my life is here
http://crayonmedia.com/wayne/
nivek
CPL
CPL

Greetin's Wayne!

Post by nivek »

"Purdy Green Color!" :)

That little truck seems to be nice, clean, unbutchered, and ready with some shine and soap to be a nice little sled.

If you do not buy into it, please consider posting info, if for public_sale, info for others to look into it.

That sled is just_freekin'_sweet...

Welcome to G741. Tons of Reasonably Knowledgeable Individuals here with more information on Green Rides than.. Well, than, a rack fulla TM manuals!

Thanks for pics. I aspire to have Old Blue looking like that *someday*...

kevinL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Looks VERY good for an "as found" truck. I'll bet ya it "ran when parked," too. ;) Better grab it quick, before someone else beats you to it!
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

From the pictures it looks very good and being a winch truck is good also. One area to check is under the headlights and their supports on the underside of the fenders. Very common place for bad rust. I would purchase it. But it will probably have issues like brakes for one that will show up so be prepared to do some work. Lots of guys on this forum are here to help. There are several good parts people who are in the forum too. Sid Beck, John Bisal of Midwest and Vintage Power wagon are just a few. Midwest and VPW maintain big websites so you can go and see what parts are available and what the cost is. Sid has a great list you can get from him in an email g741@ccwip.net.

Welcome hope to see you here. :D
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Wayne64
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Wayne64 »

As I mentioned I still haven't spoken to the owner but my friend originally told me he was looking to get 4 thousand for it. The truck was registered this year so I'm guessing it ran not that long ago. I saw some other stuff that this gent owned and I was certainly impressed. My friend said the owner is also a Combat wounded vet like myself so that might make things a little easier. I do have an upfront question, with the spare on the door. The set up seems to be a real PITA to enter and exit the cab, or am I missing something?
milstencil
CPL
CPL

Post by milstencil »

I would scoop this truck in a minute :!: :!: I've bought worse!!!!
Its all there and probably would take very little to get going, subject to further inspection.
Brakes and fuel main worries.
If price is right, buy it :!: :!: B1 model, '60's era.
Rick
Resident of the Communist state of Massachusetts, home of failed
health care and failed gun control! See what the Democrats can do
when they control both houses.
http://www.militarystencils.com
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

I would scoop that up in a hury my self. It seems to be a good canidate to fix and drive or an easier resto. Hope you have good luck.
jbxx
SGT
SGT

Post by jbxx »

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J.B.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Go Fer It

Post by m-37Bruce »

Hey Wayne, Better hurry, she looks like a keeper? I did notice some rust creeping up the drivers side A Pilar!!
Welcome 2 The Fold,
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

M37

Post by Nickathome »

Yes that looks like a nice truck. I'd buy it quickly if I were you or someone else will.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Wayne,
I would have jumped at the chance to own that one for 4 Grand if I didn't have one already. As far as the spare tire mount-yes, it's a pain to enter/exit but don't consider removing it unless you absolutely hate it. Those spare tire mounts are gold, as they are hard to find, in any condition.

Welcome to the forum-even better if you can get that rig!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Oh no... 2 guys on Long Island????? Isn't there some kind of legislation against that? If you get that B1, then Peter Mark gets voted off the island.!
Wayne64
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Wayne64 »

Update, finally spoke to the owner today and the deal will be done this weekend. He bought it in September to help out someone and doesn't much care about it as he didn't even drive it. He also mentioned a few extras come with it? I do kick myself as I should have checked the steering wheel play while I was up there. The speedo shows 37K on the clock.
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

If you are anything like the rest of us you will never regret buying it. Welcome to the hobby.
Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

I'll be the pessemist here and say that it looks pretty dang rusty. I see a new cab tub, fenders and probably bed floor in your future at the least. The tailgate looks good though!