Windshield Frame questions

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

palmczak
PVT
PVT

Windshield Frame questions

Post by palmczak »

I have discovered a WC63 basket case IMHO. but it has a few usable parts. Namely the windshield frame seems to be intact. In another post i mentioned that I have a 63 M56 that I believe was "converted" by Wittenburg Motor Company. Anyway one thing they did was remove the orig windshield and install a 3 sided fiberglass hardtop. I would like to remove it and go bacl to the original windshield and canvas top. I am hunting for the parts, does anyone know if the windshield from a WC63 will fit on a M56. It looks like it might work but the mounts are different.

thanks for any info.

Joe
Paul in Kempner, TX
PFC
PFC

Post by Paul in Kempner, TX »

The is a fair amount of interest in the Wittenberg and similar conversions. Why "kill" one?

Answer to fit question: The M37 requires a 60 inch wide windshield frame. The WC 3/4 and 1 1/2 ton Dodges require a 53 1/2 inch wide windshield.

There are other issues such as windows in the doors of M37 series that require the proper guide channel. (The doors in the WC's were canvas on wire frames.)
Paul Cook at the Kempner Power Wagon Museum MVPA#27246

"You have to GO BUY the book before you can GO BY the book."
palmczak
PVT
PVT

Post by palmczak »

Thanks Paul.

I did not know there was any interest in Wittenburg's.

I just wanted to get the functionality of the original windshield back.
KenInGA
CPL
CPL

Post by KenInGA »

M37 original windshield is the exact same as a Deuce windshield (read M43 series (M35...))
'62 M37B1- It runs AND stops!