Hey Cabell, isn't this your truck?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Juan
SGT
SGT

Hey Cabell, isn't this your truck?

Post by Juan »

Navigating throug Ebay, always watching for that last bit to score, I found this guy selling a heater, and I think he is using a picture of the heater installed in your truck.
Am I wright? The datcon gauges makes me think of your truck.

Hope he pays some royalties to you, especially since this guy is definitely not a nice guy to deal with. 8)
http://preview.tinyurl.com/56zqjs

:Edited the long eBay URL with http://www.tinyurl.com so page size would stay readable.

kL:
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DJ »

I have to agree with you on the "not a very nice guy to deal with". I thought maybe it was just me, but apparently not . Thanks for that remark,makes me feel a bit better,like it wasn't me ,but him.

DJ
CGarbee
SGT
SGT

Post by CGarbee »

It's my truck, and the photo is off my website... Not the first time that he has "borrowed" a photo from my site to sell something, not the first person to do it either...
No, he did not ask. No, he is not paying me a royalty.

Thanks for pointing this out.
'53 USMC M37 w/Cummins 4BT
'64 XM708,
'51 M38
'73 M817, '71 XM813, '70 M816, '84 M931
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell
http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com
http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com
Kurt Hirte
PFC
PFC

Post by Kurt Hirte »

Not right that he uses your pics w/out autherization. I have bought a bunch of small stuff from him over the years and have been treated very well. What's the back story w/ his bad guy rep? Kurt
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

He has moderated his auctions speech lately, I guess somebody has complained to Ebay about it so he toned it down, it was plain offensive.
I remember somebody, member of this forum, asking him if the bracket was included in the auction of a WWII jeep fire extinguisher and his answer was something like "do you want the jeep where it's bolted to also?"
I've tried to buy something from him, and he pointed that he don't ships internationally (my feedback was 303 with 100% positive at that time, higher than his own), I told him that I had a shipping address in Miami and his answer was less than polite stating that he bet I had some illegal alien cousin there, but that's was not a verified address, otherwise he would have stated in his auction that he would ship to 3rd world countries. As all this tyiping was through ebay's messanging system I sent an email to ebay forwarding all the thread.
He is a sucker, please excuse my french, I'm not fond of using this kind of language but I cannot find a better word for this guy, In the end I'm from a 3rd world country, you know. :P
I remember I was pissed then.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Don't feel bad, Juan. I was stationed in several "third-world" countries during my military career and found that the people there were all fine, upstanding citizens...just like the folks back home, except with a different language. Sometimes, their politicians left a lot to be desired, but that also seems to be a universal problem! ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
pfrederi
CPL
CPL

Expensive

Post by pfrederi »

He also has a very high opinion of the value of his stuff and his shipping is not cheap!!
Paul f
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Yeah...that's Frank....I've delt with him with M151 parts. (before I owned a M37 I had several M151s in the past 25 years)....And if your really lucky when you get the part you also get a few snapshots of his latest scank girlfriend/wife/mistress that he's with in a bikini with a belly roll strapped across the hood of a M151....yeah.... blah! The only thing missing is the Marlboro hanging from her lips!
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

E-e-e-ew! That would be enough to make me blow chow!!
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

G'day all and Juan in particular.....
Don't feel like you're special Juan LOL - He's had a go at me and has said some unpleasant stuff too so maybe we should form a "Frank dosen't like us" club and do T-Shirts for a very meger membership fee :-)
I had this problem and Bob Thompson (AKA Brigand) got around the problem for me as have several excellent folks on here by just bidding and buying what you need and sending it out, the HUGE advantage about having all the friends you make on here is that they are more than willing to lend a hand. AB Linn is a top bloke but has the export restriction on him so it makes for difficult trade but if you get a G741.org local to do the local business for you the worst you get to deal with is dual shipping but you get what you need. I can't speak highly enough about the folks on here, True gentlemen (and ladies) that will stand by their friends in all manner of situation.
Take Care

Best Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Kurt Hirte
PFC
PFC

Post by Kurt Hirte »

I guess I have just been lucky. Very lucky if you consider that I never got any snapshots included w/ my order :D Kurt
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

Good to hear that MM, I thought he may have problems with the language but you being from a Commonwealth nation rules that out. :)

I know the kind of people we have here in G741, but luckily I didn't have the need to bother anybody with favours. I've traded a little with Bill W. a couple of times, and with Tom@Snakeriver who are gentlemans.
There are a lot of good sellers even with better prices than Frank's. I bought from AB Linn through Ebay a couple of times, as I have a shipping address in Miami where a freight forwarder company ships to me the parts, at half the cost of Fedex or UPS. I actually started a small side business of importing parts for American cars and related stuff to Argentina, so I'm having 3 or 4 shipments a week.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina