My G741 Registry Entry
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: HI-LIFT help

Post by Elwood »

Tuko wrote:Image

I put mine on my hood
Are you able to fold down the windshield and secure it to the hood, or do the hi-lift brackets stick up too far?

Can you raise the hood to the full open position (90 degrees) and secure it to the windshield with the "L" hook?
Last edited by Elwood on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
52PLOWERWAGON
SFC
SFC

Post by 52PLOWERWAGON »

very nice tuko

cant wait to get one (but ill have to because of my engine rebuild)
Thanks,TRAVIS
When it comes to gambling I don't play the Powerball, I play the Powerwagon

1952 M37 FARM TRUCK
230 W/THRUSH EXHAUST, DELETED HEAT RISER AND 12 VOLT IGNITION

1941 WC RATROD
w/ 5 TON MULTIFUEL TURBO DIESEL
Tuko
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tuko »

Elwood wrote:

I put mine on my hood
Are you able to fold down the windshield and secure it to the hood, or do the hi-lift brackets stick up too far?

Can you raise the hood to the full open position (90 degrees) and secure it to the windshield with the "L" hook?
Due to my hard top, the windshield does not fold down. It's a sheetmetal home brew deal that the forestry service made for it. The hood will go all the way up if the Jack is off, it just won't tie into the hook (it's removed)
51 Dodge M37 W/W 4BT/NV4500

My G741 Registry Entry
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Tuko wrote:
Elwood wrote:

I put mine on my hood

Due to my hard top, the windshield does not fold down. It's a sheetmetal home brew deal that the forestry service made for it. The hood will go all the way up if the Jack is off, it just won't tie into the hook (it's removed)
Thanks, Tuko. That makes sense; I didn't realize that you had a hardtop.

I thought about some day mounting my hi-lift on the hood as many of the Jeep guys do, but couldn't figure out a way around the folding windshield. I guess it will stay in the toolbox once my truck is back together.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
isaac_alaska
SFC
SFC

Post by isaac_alaska »

I always thought if I were to mount a high-lift, it would be on the bumper
Isaac
Fairbanks, AK
Civilian WM300 on DC3 tires
'52 M37 on 11x16 Michelin
'52 M37 on Apple R-1 tractor tires
Photo Gallery
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

When I had mine mounted on my truck, I fitted some brackets to the bottom bush guard, just above the bumper and used implement bolts through the holes in the jack and lynch pins to hold it there. Sorry no pics, as the jack is now stored in the shed along with all the other stuff I collected but never use any more....
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Putting the jack on the bumper almost ensures it will not work when you need it. Hit the bumper, bend the jack. I have mine in the toolbox for now. I plan on making brackets to mount it where the fording exhaust pipe would have gone.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"