230 engine needed (TX area) maybe

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
choppa
CPL
CPL

230 engine needed (TX area) maybe

Post by choppa »

I am considering a new Dodge military truck purchase (NON M-series, ww2 era 1941 dodge)

All said, should I get this vehicle, it will need a new 230 c.i. engine. so putting out feelers now to see whats out there.

I dont neccessarily need an M37/43 motor, in fact, any 230 will work.

actually Prefer one without the 24v electronics anyway, 12v/6v civy better....so a good running, non-smoking, good compression engine out of just about any chrysler product will do.

anyone close to the DFW or surrounding areas have a good take out motor to sell?

thanks!
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Re: 230 engine needed (TX area) maybe

Post by w30bob »

Choppa,

Not exactly close to you........but sort of what you're looking for......if it's really just stuck from sitting. I would think you could beat him up pretty good on the price if it's not running.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/hvo/4859684915.html

regards,
bob
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I would think that with all the parts trucks around, you'd be able to find a 230 w/o much effort. I'd bet Charles Talbert has some based on all the diesel conversions he does.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

They're around......the trick is finding a good one. It was pulled for a reason......sometimes it's a benign reason like a repower......other times there was something wrong. Taking the time to find a good one is way cheaper than having a bad one rebuilt from the ground up....IMO.

regards,
bob
57hemicuda
PFC
PFC

Post by 57hemicuda »

I have a really good 230, has the Petronix electronic ignition, runs great, great oil pressure. Changing to V8, would probably take $500 for the whole deal, but I'm in Maryland. Always the way.
choppa
CPL
CPL

Post by choppa »

PM sent... interested in know what vehicle it came out of, voltage (12/6/24?) and other ???

thanks!
57hemicuda
PFC
PFC

Post by 57hemicuda »

It is 12volt, alternator/starter. Did put an exhaust manifold on it and the Petronix on it when I bought it about a month a go. It has the Army rebuilt tag on the side of the block with bearing clearances etc. dated from the 70's. I'm assuming that is why it runs so well.

I did try starting the thing during that single digit cold snap we had a couple weeks back. Pulled the choke and she fired right up, and idled like a new one. I just have my heart set on a Big block Chrysler in the old girl. I do also have the transmission, and transfer case out of the truck.

I also have a New transmission, and a New transfer case both in shiny olive green paint.
jrodjared
PFC
PFC

Post by jrodjared »

PM sent
Without a plan there's no attack. No attack, no victory.