Bad week for the M-37

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

bill monahan
CPL
CPL

Bad week for the M-37

Post by bill monahan »

Oh my, what a bad week for the M. And all my fault. First, I pulled the M out of the garage and the overhead door slipped down a bit and caught the canvas top and tore it up. Ok, ordered a new one from Beachwood canvas. $295.00. Then, after a few days I removed the top and figured I'd like to see what the truck looked like with the windshield folded down. The left latch released completely but the right side was kind of stuck. A hit with a mallet and it moved halfway. Another hit moved it all the way. Unfortunately the mallet also hit the windshield glass cracking it. Hate it when it's all my fault.
Cal_Gary

Re: Bad week for the M-37

Post by Cal_Gary »

I think we've all been there, done that, Bill. It was just your turn this month.... We all "live and learn". :)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Murf »

Sounds like a typical day around my house. "Murphy's Laws" rule :x
kelley
PFC
PFC

Post by kelley »

Bill,
The best thing you can do is make light of it, some of my best stories involve all the thing I've broken by accident.
Kelley
stravers

Post by stravers »

Don't feel bad. I bought my first m37 about 3 weeks ago. It's my first ever military truck and restoration vehicle. There were two holes in our canvas, which appeared by condition to be the original one. By the time we got it off (to take it to a canva shop to see what could be done about the two holes, it looked like we had thrown it into a shredder. The good news is, we both agreed neither one of us were at fault, and agreed the canvas was dry rotted. So now my wife has the convertible she always wanted. Well, maybe not the exact one she always wanted.....
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Pushed my M into the garage with the hood up when working on engine. Unfortunately the hood is higher than the garage. The only good thing is it didnt hurt the M but the door frame wasnt as lucky. And as Bill stated it was all my fault. No one else to blame :oops:
Gerry

53 M37
PFC1952M37
PVT
PVT

Blame Me

Post by PFC1952M37 »

Everyone else does...
You must BUY the book if you want to go BY the book.
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

I think we have all been there at one time or another. Murphys Law I guess. A few months back I was loading scrap steel into the Ram 1500. It was all piled in when I noticed one pipe I missed. Instead of walking up and placing it nicely on the pile I toss it from about 6 feet away. It hits the top of the pile and launches through the back window like a torpedo wiping it out. If only I had walked a few more feet. :lol:

New rear glass $129.99
Total scrap $108.50

Negative $21.49 :roll:

Any mishap you can walk away from unharmed is ok I guess :wink:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".