Bed Liner Material

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Rusty1340
PFC
PFC

Bed Liner Material

Post by Rusty1340 »

Has anyone used Bed Liner material on the cab floor and then painted over it. I'm thinking it won't rub off as fast as paint and look better longer.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
MVPA #32564
WAC/B&G MVT
Patriot Guard Riders
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Re: Bed Liner Material

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

In my '49 PW I sprayed the black Raptor inside the cab and on the running boards, but did not top coat it.

On the CJ6 I re-did this summer, I sprayed the tint-able Raptor and did top coat a small portion of it. The mixture was a little off, I could not add as much paint as they left room for in the bottle, and the color was a little light. It top coated great. The Raptor is top coat-able as well as tint-able, not sure about the other brands.

Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DAP »

I never understood how you tint the Raptor as once you put the activator in the bottle is full. How and with what would I tnt it to make it the color Olive Drab I want to match?
All in Air Force blue and black trim
1962 M37B1
rectangular window hardtop, converted to Hercules 4 cyl diesel-intercooled & turbo charged, 12V, disc brakes
1962 M116A1 Generator trailer
1962 M116A1 Pioneer tool trailer
1964 M101A1 3/4 ton trailer
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

The tint-able is a different part, and leaves room for the paint. You just add the (effectively 10%) of your paint (in your case Olive Drab) and shake well, not stured and spray. Otherwise it will dry almost clear with out paint.
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
Rusty1340
PFC
PFC

Post by Rusty1340 »

Man that looks really great. That's it I'm going for it I like it not tinted. Very nice look indeed. Thanks for posting the photos.
MVPA #32564
WAC/B&G MVT
Patriot Guard Riders
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Rusty, No problem. IF you were going to paint it black anyway, the standard non-tintable bed liner is the ticket. The top coating helps smooth out the texture, and gives it a smooth common color appearance with the non coated parts. My PW running boards are not top coated, as I was concerned that after use the paint ware would just make the color (more shine) difference stand out, but on the bed rail of the CJ6 the top coat was a perfect touch, protected and color matched.
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon