How Many Gas Cap Variations ??

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

T.R.
PVT
PVT

Re: How Many Gas Cap Variations ??

Post by T.R. »

Thanks for this post I have been having trouble with my truck for years, it would run great when it was first started then after some time it would start to act as though it was to running out of gas, I thought it was vapor lock or the ignition over heating, would have to pull over and let it cool-off for an hour or two then start up again never thought that it was the gas cap. I have a non-vented cap I will order a new vented cap and give that a try. Could be the easiest fix ever.
Thanks T.R.
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

Hi Bob, Iam backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...the 2 position cap is a 2 twist turning cap. 1st position closed (no vent) turn 1 notch to the left, open cap. Did that make it clearer, hope it did, if not I will try a different approach. P.S will not be going to aber. this weekend, sorry. VT
vinnytruck
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

T.R., glad this post helped you. That'll be $127.50 please. Cash only....we'z don't take no checks frum strangers. :mrgreen:

Vinny,

Thanks. I'd heard of that "2-position" cap I believe here on this forum some time back.........but I've never seen one or ever read about one in any of the manuals. If you get some time post a pic of the front and back. Too bad you're not going to Aberdeen. If you tell me what you want to spend I'll keep an eye out for an exhaust manifold for ya.

regards,
bob
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

BoB, I still dont know how to put pictures up. Sorry, maybe I will ask my son. About the manifold of course I want a good one with a small price. But doesnt anyone know a cross reference to this part. VT
vinnytruck
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Why Vinny....you old Geezer......you're making our generation look bad. :mrgreen:

Here's how you post pics (and if I can do it anyone can do it);

Go to www.flikr.com (you probably have to register....but it's painless)
In the top upper right you'll see the word "UPLOAD". Click on that.
On the next screen you'll see in big letters right in the middle of the page "Choose Photos and Videos to Upload". Click on that.
That will make a box appear showing you the files on your computer.
Go to where you keep your pics and select the pic you want to post (by double clicking on it)
On the next screen you'll see a blue box in the upper right hand corner that says "Upload 1 Photo"
A white box will appear in the middle of the screen asking if you want to "upload 1 photo with the following changes". Click the blue box that says "Upload to Photostream".
The next screen will be your photostream and you'll see your photo.
Click on your photo and you'll see a big pic of your photo and in the upper left just above your photo you'll see the "SHARE" button. Click on that.
Then click on "Grab the HTML/BBC Code" and a list of picture sizes will appear.
Click the size you want and then click anywhere in the window below where it says "Copy and paste the code below" and all that crap will turn blue.
Put your mouse anywhere in the blue and Right click your mouse and select "copy".
Then go to the forum and put it in your reply by right clicking your mouse and selecting "paste".
Preview your post to make sure it's there......and you're done.

Sounds like a lot to do but after you do a few you can post a pic in seconds. Really. Any problems shoot me an email at w30bob@verizon.net and I'll walk you thru it.

As for the manifold............I'll keep my eye out. Not sure what you mean by cross reference......it was Chrysler part used only on their engines.........so no one else produced it as far as I know.

regards,
bob
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

THANK YOU BOB... I will try to take a picture of it after the rain tomorrow. thanks again Vinnytruck
vinnytruck
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Well...........here's a pic of another cap I just found on Ebay. Doesn't say if it's vented or not. Amazing how many styles of gas caps there are.....just to cap a gas tank. :shock:

$(KGrHqRHJDQE9!DYWGNFBPUC6be)1Q~~60_12 by w30bob, on Flickr