IHC MV

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

topellis
CPL
CPL

IHC MV

Post by topellis »

I realize that this is a non-M37 topic but guess I am reaching out to the only MV crowd I usually associate with....(did I mention I love my M-37?)
I have recently discovered the IHC M-2-4. I am not sure how I have over looked it all this time. Being a retired Marine and interested in WWII era military stuff... made me wonder how available and expensive they may be. I found some pics on line in the library of congress that showed Marines at New River, NC in them and it seems the Marines had them configured with dual rear wheels and the troop seats were in rows in the back not along the sides.
I found a few sites that had a little info but not a lot. Also would an IHC M-2-4 be more difficult to find/expensive than a WC-52 or something in the WC family?

Thanks for any info.

Mark
Mark Ellis
1953 M37 WOW
1967 M101A1
NRA Life Member
USMC Retired
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Re: IHC MV

Post by w30bob »

Hi Mark,

I don't know the answers to your questions......but these guys might. And they have one for sale.

regards,
bob

http://www.jobrated.com/07_trucks_4_sale.html
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

This is primarily an M37 site but anything goes, if it's OD we all want to see it 8)

MM :D
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
topellis
CPL
CPL

Post by topellis »

Bob,
Thanks for the lead. I think I got transmission parts from him when I rebuilt my tranny. I sent an email just to see what he is asking... but I would imagine since he is in Oregon and I am in MD... shipping may be an issue.

MM, thanks for being tolerant. :)

Mark
Mark Ellis
1953 M37 WOW
1967 M101A1
NRA Life Member
USMC Retired
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Those are fairly rare and highly prized from what I've read-I'd get one if I could afford one. Supply Line/Army Motors had an article or two about them, as I recall....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Right on highly rare and expensive. Parts are darn near extinct and very expensive if indeed you do find them. Parts for an M37 is more likely to be found on the automotive aisle at Wal-Mart than you are to find anything for 1 of these any where. At 1 time White Owl at Kinston, NC had more than anyone for them; but I imagine the IHC bins are bare there now also. Parks Nash engine rebuilders in Waxhaw, NC had a fair stock of engine parts once upon a time too, but don't count on that being a positive now either.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Longhunter7
PFC
PFC

Post by Longhunter7 »

I believe there is one for sale, nicely restored, on Steel Soldiers in the classifieds. You could contact the seller with your questions. :arrow:
Longhunter7

Northern Illinois

63' Dodge M37-B1

Molon Lave

NRA Certified Weaponologist
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Post by Kaegi »

I have never seen one with duals. they seem to bring about the same money as a WC52. they are very tough things but the brakes are way too small in comparison to a WC/PW/M37. so if you pick one up maybe throw a hydravac on it to spare running over toyota 4x4 owners by accident. :lol: