BACK TO WORK!!!!

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

BACK TO WORK!!!!

Post by Cal_Gary »

I am happy to report that I start a new job on Monday with great pay and benefits!! The past four months have been the most stressful of my life, bar none, but my wonderful wife of nearly 28 years kept me up-beat, positive, and insisted that i keep my M37, which I did. I will get back to more frequent posting soon but wanted you to know-this is a great forum with great people, and I have missed all of you and your kind words of support! :D
More to follow,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Re: BACK TO WORK!!!!

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Gary,

That's great news, congratulations! (we have been married 28 years as well)
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
98taco3
CPL
CPL

Post by 98taco3 »

Congrats! Hope it works out for you, seems even finding an opening nowadays is almost impossible...
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

GREAT NEWS MAN!!! I AM GLAD THAT THINGS WORKED OUT GOOD FOR YOU AND I AM EVEN MORE HAPPY THAT YOUR WIFE STANDS BY YOU. THAT IS KIND OF RARE THESE DAYS. WE ALL HAVE TIMES IN LIFE THAT OTHER OBLIGATIONS KEEP US FROM FREQUENT THIS FORUM, BUT WE ALL TRY TO VISIT AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE. WELCOME BACK AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW BEGINING. I TOO AM IN THE PROCESS OF UPGRADING JOB WISE. AFTER MY WORK RELATED ACCIDENT, I FIGURED THAT YEARS ARE GONE BY AND PERHAPS I SHOULD PUT MY DEGREES TO USE AND FIND SOMETHING TO DO THAT REQUIRES BRAIN OVER BRAWN. WE WILL SEE HOW THAT GOES. AGAIN, GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME BACK :D
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

Thats great news Gary, keep your chin up ! :D
I feel like a baby having only been married for 16 years !!
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks so much for your responses! I never thought I'd see such a poor job market as it is today-I recall 20% interest rates and millions out of work in the late '70's as well, but job searching has totally changed. Apply on-line for 100's of jobs, get next to no responses or the standard auto-response that says "you're being considered..." meaning don't call us, we'll call you, and most of the time they never call again. Don't even consider walking in and asking-they see you as an interruption of their work. I despaired many times throughout the searching process but as an adult, you can't give up even though at times you want to. I certainly have a new appreciation for gainful employment, and feel a great deal of remorse for those who are, or have been in my position, to include our forum mates who were forced to sell their beloved MVs in order to remain financially afloat. I was lucky. For those who might have a job that they think stinks, try being unemployed. I'm not preaching, but don't take your job for granted-it could be gone in an instant, and then the real hardships begin.

Thanks for the pulpit time,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

That is some great news, we all had our fingers crossed for you and your bride. We are approaching out 28th, seems like it was just yesterday we drove to Florida!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Gary, Congratulations! That is fantastic news, keep us posted :D
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Thats Great. being in the mood to turn a wrench again must feel so good
Gerry

53 M37
afvet6670
PVT
PVT

Post by afvet6670 »

That's great news Gary! We celebrated out 40th in September, two weeks later I was laid off. My wife, who was laid off two years ago, has finally gotten back to work (29 Nov), and I start early SS in Jan so with unemployment maybe we'll continue to hold off the wolves at the door for a day or two more... :)
Carl
53 Air Force M37 w/o/w
66 M101A1
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Great to here the good news Gary. What a relief it must be.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
98taco3
CPL
CPL

Post by 98taco3 »

Its a hell of a feeling isnt it? Been laid off twice in the last year. Last company moved out of state 3 months after i was hired. Now the job market is worse than it was the early part of this year. Ive been told im "overqualified" to work at a gas station! :lol: Interesting times were in. They say a recession is when your neighbors out of work, a Depression is when you are out of work....
greencom
SGT
SGT

Post by greencom »

Gary,
Really glad to hear you're working again. I was laid off back in 2000 after 25 years with the company and I was almost 50 years old, very depressing and scary even with a better job market at that time, after a couple of years I was hired back, I never did take my job for granted but I appreciate it even more since. God bless ya and I hope it works out well for you.
Bob R
>