M-37 door checks

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ron hardin
PVT
PVT

M-37 door checks

Post by ron hardin »

Does anyone have a drawing of the door checks that shows the fitting that is fastened to the door? Mine has been broken or cut off and then weg straps bolted down below to prevent the door from swinging into the fender. The fitting for the pin is in the post and I can get the check arm from John at Midwest.
Thanks
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Re: M-37 door checks

Post by N1VSM »

No drawings for you, but BILL L has some pictures thatight help ... at least I THINK it is him :roll:
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
ron hardin
PVT
PVT

Post by ron hardin »

Maybe Bill L will see this??
Oddjob
SGT
SGT

Post by Oddjob »

Would be a good thing to get a drawing done on... Possibly even a small tutorial on how one could fabricate up something since about 50% seem to be missing... If I have to pull the one out of the door I have I'll do a drawing on it... I'm not even sure the one I have is complete yet... :roll:
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

This pic is Bill L's I'm not sure that this is what your looking for? Right now, their availability is not know?

This is the is the retro fit that I did to both of my door pilar's, (Much thanks goes to Sid Beck, he was very helpful) these came from VPW @ 5$ each, I've seen them on ebay for five times that. John @ MidWestMill should have them as well?
http://www.midwestmil.com

Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
ron hardin
PVT
PVT

Post by ron hardin »

Bruce,
The pic of the piece that goes on the door itself is what I was looking for. I talked to John B the other day and he does not have that part. My guess is that the function of the two wires across the opening act as a guide .

Thanks a lot
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

The Door Arm Check slides thru the guide itself, the Arm Check has a stiff curled flat spring that locks into the guide. Did you see the other pic's in the album?
Talk to Steve or Bubba @ VPW, Dave Butler had a bunch of 'em made.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
ron hardin
PVT
PVT

Post by ron hardin »

Bruce,
I'm afraid I don't know which album you're referring to. I'll give VPW a call.

Speaking of Dave Butler- is he still around? About 20 years ago, I was in Chicago on business and then rented a car and drove to Iowa and met DB and bought a few parts . DB had just got back from Saudi Arabia (I believe he brought back some PW's). I think one of the oil shieks sponsored his trip.
One of the things he mentioned was that he thought Dodge had made some PW's with slant 6's for the oil companies. He showed me some pics he had taken and if I remember right, one of the Arab princes was building PW's with fiberglass front ends

Thanks again
Ron
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Hello Ron,
I was talking about my webshots albums, if you click on the picture, it should take you to the album w/all the door stuff?
Dave has done quite a bit of good/great stuff for our mighty Power Wagons, I haven't had the pleasure yet, but have spoke on the phone a couple of times.

Here's a link to the album I'm talking about; Image
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA