Hood hold downs?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

m37_power
CPL
CPL

Hood hold downs?

Post by m37_power »

Both the hold downs for my hood are stuck and will not spring back. Can these be purchased somewhere? I wasnt sure if they were used on other MV's or not. Any help is greatly appreciated.
1952 Dodge M37
Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

If your talking the "J" handles rather than the "T" handles. Midwest Military does advertise them. But when I approached him about buying some, he swears that he didn't have them.
Sometimes you can find "J" handles on Ebay. But to my knowledge they are not made new.
They are used quite a bit on WWII equipment.
www.snakeriver4x4.com
M-37's - WC-51 - M-29C - WC-25 cc - CCKW
M-274 - M-101 - G-527 Water Buffalo
G-7117 Chevy
Oddjob
SGT
SGT

I have...

Post by Oddjob »

I have the same issue with mine I hit mine with some penetrating fluid and got almost enough movement to get them un-latched I'm going to remove mine and try to soak them... I think there could be a build up of junk in there from being on the road... :?
m37_power
CPL
CPL

Post by m37_power »

Thats a good idea Oddjob...ill remove mine tonight and just soak them in penetrating oil of some kind. I guess ill keep my eye out on ebay as well incase that doesnt work. Thanks guys
1952 Dodge M37
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

We have plenty of new hold down latches if anybody needs them, just give us a call or email via the contact us link on the website listed below..
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Oddjob
SGT
SGT

and...

Post by Oddjob »

MSeriesRebuild wrote:We have plenty of new hold down latches if anybody needs them, just give us a call or email via the contact us link on the website listed below..
and that could work too... :wink:
JBizal
CPL
CPL

Hold downs

Post by JBizal »

I only have the T type in stock, new. The J types have been gone for a long time now.
www.midwestmil.com
John
MikeOneSix
SSGT
SSGT

Post by MikeOneSix »

Mine work fine considering.... Funny thing is, I can't remember which type I have on there now. When I stop by the storage unit today I'll have a look.
Matt

Just returned from the storage unit. I have the "J" type.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Originals used on M37's were all "J" type, haven't seen those new in years. We have plenty of new "T" type with the catch included, painted steel cost $8.85 each, or stainless steel cost $23.85 each. I think we also have a few chrome ones too, left over from some fire truck builds.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com