Wheel upgrades?

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

IMHO the only wheels that look good on a M37 other than stock rims are the WWII Combat rims from the WC or a beadlock type rim. A nice Beadlock would look good on the M37.....

or this which is simular to the original you posted.

M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Steel Rain
PVT
PVT

Post by Steel Rain »

I agree, the beadlocks look good! I found some all black 8 hole rims with a beadlock that would look cool too! I have so many ideas, heading to Tenn. in the morning and hopefully will go look at the M37 I'm looking at on Sunday in Ga!
Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Brett »

If you're open to steel and beadlocks check out W A Watsons truck http://m37.wawii.com/. Keep in mind that the stock axles don't handle a lot of power, are geared very low 5.83:1, have drum brakes up front, and can be expensive to repair. If you're going to be doing a resto mod, more modern axles could solve most of those issues, and you'd be able to pick any wheels you'd like. As far as tire size goes, I think the consensus is tires in the 39"-42" range will work at stock height. I'll be running 11.00R16 Michelin XZL's on stock rims (about 39" tall)

Good luck
Brett
8543bob
SSGT
SSGT

WHEELS

Post by 8543bob »

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER!!!
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

I've never seen a custom wheel that I think would look "good" on an M37. I grew up in an era where Budd rims meant that whatever they were on was a real truck. ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Steel Rain
PVT
PVT

Post by Steel Rain »

Thanks for all the opinions guys! Now, does anyone have the bolt pattern? I appreciate everyone has their own likes and dislikes! Some guys like skinny girls, some guys like big girls! I like hot ones with fake boobs! I like custom wheels, and don't worry about me making the M37 looking ghetto! It will look very aggressive and functional when I am done! I'm not new to modifying both military and civilian vehicles as you all saw in my pictures! Thanks for the help and ideas! Hopefully going on Monday to take a gander at the truck. I made it to Tennessee about 5 this afternoon from KC!
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Here is a webpage that should answer your questions it's from one of our members here.

http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/riminfo.htm
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Steel Rain
PVT
PVT

Post by Steel Rain »

AWESOME! Thanks! That's what I needed!!!
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

Steel Rain wrote:Thanks! I am hopefully going to be hauling a mule home from Georgia this next week. I found a decent example on ebay for about a grand, motor turns according to the gentleman and hopefully I can start dismantling as soon as I'm home with it next week. I don't plan on driving it any time soon, I understand the brakes are marginal at best and needs a thorough going thru to assess the items needed! I plan on making a box van back for the bed however, and troop seats inside with weapons rack on one side. Maybe even a nice LCD TV! Don't worry, It'll be a class act, I don't throw crap together! I will sketch up the plans over the next day or so and post up what I envision, then u guys can comment when I forget a detail or change my design 500 times throughout!
Art
WELL, THE WAY THAT YOU HAVE IT PICTURED IN YOUR MIND, PERHAPS YOU ARE BETTER OFF BY GETING AN M43 AMBULANCE AS OPPOSED TO AN M37. THIS WAY, YOU WILL HAVE A READY BOX IN THE BACK FOR YOUR TROOP SEATS GUN RACKS AND ALL THE REST OF THE EQUIPMENT, AND THE APPEARENCE OF THE M37 AT THE SAME TIME. AFSO AS FAR AS ENGINE OPTIONS THAT YOU MENTIONED IN ANOTHER TOPIC FOR THAT SAME VEHICLE, IF YOU DO NOT WANT A V8, HOW ABOUT THE 4.0 LINLINE SIX FROM A GRAND CHEROKEE? IT IS A TINY BIT MORE DISPLACEMENT THAN THE ORIGINAL 230, AND TWISE THE HORSEPOWER AND REVING. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE TORQUE IS, BUT I WOULD SUSPECT ANYTHING HAS MORE TORQUE THAN OUR 230. I BELIEVE THAT ENGINE CAN BE FOUND EASILY AS WELL AS PARTS FOR IT FOR AN OVERHAUL. PLUS ITS A CHRYSLER-DODGE-JEEP DECENT :D
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
ffr1910
PVT
PVT

Post by ffr1910 »

Here are my wheels, modified from a humvee and still have the magnesium runflats. I cannot say enough how much I like them and being able to run the boggers. bill

Paul in Kempner, TX
PFC
PFC

Here's a solution

Post by Paul in Kempner, TX »

This is the solution used at the Kempner Power Wagon Museum.

http://www.texaspowerwagon.com/LAV-1.htm
Paul Cook at the Kempner Power Wagon Museum MVPA#27246

"You have to GO BUY the book before you can GO BY the book."
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Wheels: Custom MRW (Marsh Racing Wheels) Bead Lock Wheels
Tires: Super Swampers - IROK 39.5x13.50-17LT tires

Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon