1954 M37

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jdenny

1954 M37

Post by jdenny »

I am buying a 1954 M37 that does not have a front winch.
The bumper is flat. Is it hard to convert to the winch style bumper? I am new to this so any help would be appreciated.
jerry denny
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

It is not difficult to do, maybe just rounding up the parts. You will need the frame extensions, winch bumper ends, winch, pto and shaft, engagement lever and hardware :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

In addition to a winch and mounting brackets, you will need frame extensions, the two-piece bumper, a power take off, the drive shaft for the winch, the control lever for the winch, and a different trans cover with the slot for the winch lever, none of which I have. Other folks on here may have the bits and pieces you'll need, though.

(He's buying my truck, guys.)

The wife thinks :D I think more like :(, but I have to admit that I will never be healthy enough to get her up and running.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Captnsim
SGT
SGT

Post by Captnsim »

:cry: Sorry to hear your in bad health lifer. :(
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Lifer,
Sorry to hear about your health issues(get well soon) and that you are parting with your rig. :( Make sure to stick around here on the forum old friend :) Best wishes :!:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

I may be "truckless," but you're not rid of me. I still have lots of experience (not to mention opinions) to share. Once we get settled in, maybe I'll have an opportunity to go to rallies and such (instead of houses) and "accidentally" stumble across something in OD or Strata blue that's in running condition. Don't mention that to the wife, though! ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

So sorry to hear of this, Lifer-as your moniker implies, you'll always be part of this group! :)

Jerry, welcome aboard-lots of great folks here, to help answer your many questions!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Captnsim
SGT
SGT

Post by Captnsim »

jdenny Welcome to the site! :D
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Unfortunately, the economy has reached out and "touched" Jerry's employer to the extent that his job may be in jeopardy, so he's going to have to pass on my truck. I know he's as disappointed as I, because I still remember my excitement at getting it in the first place. I'm sure that he'll keep up with the doings on the forum and, once his future stabilizes, look for an M37 of his own.

That said, welcome to the forum, Jerry, and don't desert us just 'cause you don't have a truck yet. The things you'll learn here will stand you in good stead when you do get a truck. :)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
greencom
SGT
SGT

Post by greencom »

Lifer, you are a big part of this forum and it needs your input so keep inputting! Jerry, I know how much of a let down this must be but I'm sure there is an M in your future, you are now destined to get one, it will happen, they aren't going anywhere.
Greencom