replacement seat cover for factory seats?

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

m37_power
CPL
CPL

replacement seat cover for factory seats?

Post by m37_power »

Does anyone make a factory seat cover for the stock seats in a M37? i need to get my seats re-done, but i know it would be cheaper if i had a cover that was already made for it.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Manfacturer's

Post by m-37Bruce »

Beachwood Canvas, New Life Canvas, WEE-BEE Webbing, just to name a few. I went w/WEE-BEE only because I bought all of it at a swap meet (no shipping)in 2000, I am still quite satisfied!
All of the suppliers have these guys products in stock to, such as Mid-West Military, Trader John and many others.
Usually they are slightly less expensive from the manufacturer.
8)
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

I went with New Life. Mona the owner is very nice to deal with and came recommended by John at MWM. Unless one of the companies has them in stock, prepare to wait. I actually ordered 2 sets from Mona because I had gotten a set of cushions from VPW (board/foam) and then found a complete set of NOS frames - ending up with 2 vehicle sets. I was looking to sell the VPW cushions recovered but haven't gotten to it.
hairpin151
PFC
PFC

Post by hairpin151 »

Does trader john have a website?
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

This Will Git U There

Post by m-37Bruce »

http://tjosurplus.com/

I don't know whats going on w/ him, his # is listed, give him a shout.
Regards, 8)
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I went with a set from Beachwood-a bit more costly but top quality.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
TOM R
SSGT
SSGT

Post by TOM R »

got mine from john @ midwest look and fit great :D think he had the best deal if i remember ?
1945 t24/m29 weasel
1946 cj2a ww2 style
1954 m37
mvpa 31698
nra lifer
gwalker
CPL
CPL

Post by gwalker »

In the early ORD9 version of the manuals there are some close up pics of the interior and you can tell that the seats are covered in a grain textured vinyl type material. I beleive that at least for some time the trucks came from the factory w/ such a covering and that canvas was just a more expeident cheaper replacement, (same for tailgate chain covers)over the yrs no orignal covers survived. Its possible too that sometime later in production canvas became standard, however remember it coudnt be used for ambulance rear covers because of the need for cleaning an sterility, so if it was already being used there why use something completly different for the front seats? Beachwood has a grain textured vinyl type material in OD. It would be interesting to find out from orignal production records what was used in the factory, I always believed it wasnt canvas.
68 M-715 MVPA# 2710
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Me Personally

Post by m-37Bruce »

What would you rather sit on, canvas or vinyl. All of the tactical and base vehicles had canvas in the sixties and seventies.

When I took possession of the od goddess, she was clad on the remains of VFD vinyl, what a mess it was!
8)
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA