Found a heater......

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Found a heater......

Post by Nickathome »

I think I have found a heater that might work in my truck. Not sure if its 12 or 24 volt though. If 12 volt and my truck is 24V can heater still be hooked up? I may buy this one. Check it out and let me know what you think;

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Looks like it should fit just fine without interfering with the passenger-side legroom too much. It's blower motor is probably 12 volts, but you can always install a voltage dropping resistor in the circuit. :)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

We have one just removed from a M37B1, a compact unit in like new condition with a 2-speed 24 volt fan motor. Priced right, the guy wants $35 plus shipping for it. Can e-mail some photos if you are interested.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DJ »

PM sent
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

PM?

Post by Nickathome »

DJ wrote:PM sent
DJ, I saw no PM from you?
djester
PFC
PFC

Heater

Post by djester »

Charles:

If Nickathome isn't interested in heater, I'd like to buy it. I trust your judgement on these matters.

Dave
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Heater

Post by Nickathome »

Actually, I think I am going to go with the one from Summit racing, so go for it...
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: Heater

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

djester wrote:Charles:

If Nickathome isn't interested in heater, I'd like to buy it. I trust your judgement on these matters.

Dave
Let me send you some photos before you make up your mind. I'll get that done over the weekend.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
52m37Hal
PFC
PFC

Heater

Post by 52m37Hal »

Nick
based on the instal document it looks to be 12vdc (shows a single battery in the wiring diagram.
Hal
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Post by Nickathome »

52m37Hal wrote:Nick
based on the instal document it looks to be 12vdc (shows a single battery in the wiring diagram.
Hal
I kinda figured that. Would this be a problem in a 24v system such as mine? I was told I could introduce a resistor into the line to reduce the voltage down to the required 12volts. Is that difficut to do? Not really familiar with resistors so would need to be enlightened in that regard before I decide to go that way, thanks.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Nickathome wrote:
52m37Hal wrote:Nick
Hal
I kinda figured that. Would this be a problem in a 24v system such as mine? I was told I could introduce a resistor into the line to reduce the voltage down to the required 12volts. Is that difficut to do? Not really familiar with resistors so would need to be enlightened in that regard before I decide to go that way, thanks.
You will be better off to go with a 24 volt motor, the type heater you are looking at is available in 24 volt from numerous outlets, just ask around

The issue with trying to reduce voltage while dealing with the line pull a motor requires will have to be done right in order to be safe & have a decent life span. I believe you will be cheaper off also when all is said & done to source what you want with a 24 volt motor.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

24V

Post by Nickathome »

After reading here I'm gonna go with a 24V heater, however the only place I found that has a heater that I like are Summit racing(seems all theirs are 12 v), and Red Dot(has 24v heaters but I can't find a distributor that will list a price. Anybody buy a red dot or similar heater and have a website they can furnish? Thanks.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: 24V

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Nickathome wrote:After reading here I'm gonna go with a 24V heater, however the only place I found that has a heater that I like are Summit racing(seems all theirs are 12 v), and Red Dot(has 24v heaters but I can't find a distributor that will list a price. Anybody buy a red dot or similar heater and have a website they can furnish? Thanks.
ZERO-START is another supplier, similar products to RED DOT.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Heater

Post by Nickathome »

Charles;

Thanks, I'll check that one out .
Brett
SSGT
SSGT