Shelter, Electrical Equipment S-89B/G

Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

T. Highway

Shelter, Electrical Equipment S-89B/G

Post by T. Highway »

I happened to find a Communication Shelter that fits into the back of the M37 with the troop seats still installed but folded upright. The plan is to restore this to an operational mobile radio shelter but not necessarily with the old teletype equipment.
Its OK to hate me for not restoring it to original, I want to be able to use the gear that I install.
I'm not going to hack it up and make a camper out of it. I'll likely use some of the Military radios that I have along with some modern radios and likely set it up with a mobile repeater.

So with all of that out in the open.......I'm looking for assistance finding some of the missing parts OR if someone has one of these shelters and is able to provide dimensions for items that are missing on mine. I will be fabricating the rear window on the door, the tracks for the window cover and the sliding cover itself.

I have a multitude of M37 parts that I'm willing to trade for pieces or parts that help me complete this Shelter project. I travel frequently from S.E. WI to S.E. TN so if you happen live in that corridor, pickup and drop off of parts could be an option.

I have pictures of my shelter and screenshots from RADIO NERDS website of the items that are missing on my shelter.

Image Data plate #1
Image Data plate #2
Image Top channel that the window hinges on.
Image Opening that the window goes into.
Image The window that I need to fabricate. Picture from Radio Nerd website
I do have the inside window screen / frame for the inside but not the latch arm for the window.
The window cover tracks, along with the window cover that I need to fabricate. I also need to know how the window cover is retained in the upper position. Picture from Radio Nerd website.
Image I need two of these Amphenol #32 covers with internal threads if anyone has a couple laying around.
Image I'm also looking for a boarding ladder. Random picture from the internet.
Cal_Gary

Re: Shelter, Electrical Equipment S-89B/G

Post by Cal_Gary »

So sorry I missed this post, Bert!
While I have nothing to support your shelter, best of luck getting it the way you want it!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500