New member and new owner of a M37B1

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Kyjim

New member and new owner of a M37B1

Post by Kyjim »

Good morning !
I just became a proud owner of a 63 Dodge M37B1 this week. I've always loved old military trucks well all trucks but never thought I would own one. My ex wife is a realtor and while listing a home for an elderly gentleman she came across the M37 in the man's barn. She asked him about it and he told her an hour story of the old truck she said. She knows I love old trucks and cars so she took some pics of it and sent them to me. At first I wasn't blow away but was curious. I went to look at it and to be honest it is in pretty good shape. Odometer reads 7800 miles and everything is there. The left axle got broke by the man ex-wife that pulled a cement truck out of their yard 15 yrs ago so he put it in the barn and started to see what happened. Thats where it still is. He has the transfer case out no issue there and the extra axle and spider housing also. He told me he didn't want the crusher to get it so he said would you give a 1,000 for it? I immediately said yes! He has the title ,manuals and all the history of repairs that the firehouse done all the years they had it. The file is large. It was a donated vehicle from Ft Knox in Ky to a volunteer fire department in Meade county Ky. It has been worked but maintained very well. I have two projects going on now a 55 Chevy Belair and a 63 Chevy C30 dually truck. I going to put this old truck away and start on it when I finish the other two. Just thought I would join the group and share my find with all of you. I promise I will get picks soon on here when I find out how too. Thanks for accepting my request to the group.!
CRTodd

Re: New member and new owner of a M37B1

Post by CRTodd »

Congratulations! Post some pictures when you have a chance. We would all like to see it.
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Post by Argie1978 »

Welcome to the forum! Glad another one is escaping from the hands of the crusher. :)

Sebastian
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Welcome Kyjim to our G741 forum! Great to have you with us!
I'm an ol' Kentucky boy myself, born and raised in Louisville; now calling Draper Utah home.
Lots of folks here to help you along so feel free to post your questions!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500