Radiator brackets?

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

bobcat1/178th
PVT
PVT

Radiator brackets?

Post by bobcat1/178th »

In Tm9-8030. page 175... the pic shows a bracket on the bottom of the radiator going to the front engine support....Is that an actual part? I don't seem to have those....
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Radiator brackets?

Post by Elwood »

See Fig. 05-1 in the service parts manual ORD 9 SNL G-741. The brackets are "BB" and "RR".

See left side bracket circled in red below. There's a matching bracket on the other side. These brackets allow the complete power assembly (engine, transmission, and radiator) to be removed and installed as a unit.
100_7096.jpg
100_7096.jpg (228.24 KiB) Viewed 360 times
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
bobcat1/178th
PVT
PVT

Re: Radiator brackets?

Post by bobcat1/178th »

Thanks... I'm missing those...I'll keep you busy...It seems I moved to an area of Kentucky where no-one has any interest in MV's...Very few car shows also....I'm getting the M together because we're looking in TX now....More MVPA groups there...

I've changed the gear oil on the transfer case and its on the frame....New brake and fuel lines in....Also rear wiring harness...Is there any other important parts to install before dropping cab back on????