cup holder/temp gage

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

NAM VET
1SG
1SG

cup holder/temp gage

Post by NAM VET »

I decided to put a spare cup holder I bought from Griot's Garage long years ago, I have moved it several times from car to car. Now that it is summer, and with a long trip home coming, I put it on my dash. It folds up, and only drilled one extra hole, tapping them with stainless small bolts. My grandson used it on the parade a couple of days ago. I have found it difficult to find a place to put water or cans of pop in my truck on previous drives.

As per my prior posts and questions about my head temp readings (which I have since found to be not worrisome), I want to put in an accurate temp gage and sender. I called several of the vendors, to get a metal/Douglas sending unit, but apparently they are not available. So decided to call Charles Talbert, who has advised me and helped me with my truck, and he told me the Douglas sending units have long since become unattainable. He advised me that if I had an OEM sending unit but an aftermarket gage, they often don't work well together. So I went out and dropped my gage panel, and my temp gage is likely OEM, as it too has a metal connector. But regardless, he is sending me a new rubber/Packard sending unit and an Packard aftermarket gage, which should read accurately, and make me worry less. I will make up suitable connections, as the prior owner of my truck gathered bags of Douglas and Packard parts, so I have plenty of parts to assemble whatever I need to hook it all up. I did get a 160 T Stat from John B, but with further heat gun more accurate testing, my head temps are all appropriate, so will leave my 180 in. Like suggested by others in a prior thread, likely my sending unit/gage are just old.

So all well here in Coastal SC, and wishing all of you, and especially those who have helped me sort out my non-existent head temp problem.

NV, hal Copple
[url=https://postimg.cc/Rq2SNwR3][img]h ... .jpg[/img][/url]