Gasket set ?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Gasket set ?

Post by bubba_got_you »

where could I get one for the m37 230cid ???
May God grant me with the serenity to accept the things I cannot shoot, The ability to shoot the things I can and a place to hide the bodies
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Almost any auto parts store should be able to get a set for you. The guy who rebuilt my engine got a set of Felpro gaskets from CarQuest, which is just 2 doors up the street from his machine shop. Napa and AutoZone also had 'em but he has a "working relationship" with his CarQuest guy in that he gets a sweet discount for buying all his stuff there.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
KenInGA
CPL
CPL

Post by KenInGA »

Just ask for an engine gasket set for a pre-1961 Dodge Power Wagon. Because in 1958 they switched over to I believe the 251 CID (in the civvy PWs) from our steadfast 230. I'm pretty sure you can double check in their computer system at the store if you go to like a NAPA or whatever. That's where I got mine.
'62 M37B1- It runs AND stops!
bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Post by bubba_got_you »

KenInGA wrote:Just ask for an engine gasket set for a pre-1961 Dodge Power Wagon. Because in 1958 they switched over to I believe the 251 CID (in the civvy PWs) from our steadfast 230. I'm pretty sure you can double check in their computer system at the store if you go to like a NAPA or whatever. That's where I got mine.
do you have a part # it would make it real ez :wink:
May God grant me with the serenity to accept the things I cannot shoot, The ability to shoot the things I can and a place to hide the bodies
KenInGA
CPL
CPL

Post by KenInGA »

I'll go check this evening
KenInGA
CPL
CPL

Post by KenInGA »

bubba_got_you wrote:
KenInGA wrote:Just ask for an engine gasket set for a pre-1961 Dodge Power Wagon. Because in 1958 they switched over to I believe the 251 CID (in the civvy PWs) from our steadfast 230. I'm pretty sure you can double check in their computer system at the store if you go to like a NAPA or whatever. That's where I got mine.
This is right off of my NAPA receipt:

"1956 Dodge Truck 3/4 Ton- pickup 3.8L 230 CID L
T C SET
NGA JV-826" It was $18, but this was last January. It's a whole engine gasket set.
bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Post by bubba_got_you »

KenInGA wrote:
bubba_got_you wrote:
This is right off of my NAPA receipt:

"1956 Dodge Truck 3/4 Ton- pickup 3.8L 230 CID L
T C SET
NGA JV-826" It was $18, but this was last January. It's a whole engine gasket set.

thanks allot :D :wink:
Larry S
PVT
PVT

Post by Larry S »

Victor #fs1059c
FelPro #fs7564c2
Larry S
1953 m37 cdn
1953 m43
1973 m342 a2(duece dump)
kc8sfq
PVT
PVT

Gaskets

Post by kc8sfq »

Keep this in mind if you plan to take your intake/ Exhaust manifold apart. The valve grind gasket kit I got from NAPA does not contain that gasket and you have to order it as a separate part. Felpro# FPG 8011
No society in history has ever taxed it's way to prosperity.