no oil pressure

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

bill monahan
CPL
CPL

no oil pressure

Post by bill monahan »

Just started the M-37 for the first time in a few weeks and noticed oil pressure gauge on zero! Oil level is full. Never had great pressure all along but adequate. This was sudden but before I have a coronary what should I check? Maybe sender, maybe gauge ? How do I check those ? Ok, I took a Xanax.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: no oil pressure

Post by Carter »

This might help you check things out: http://www.cj3a.info/sibling/milgauge/milgage.htm
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Screw a mechanical guage into the block, disconnect distributor lead and have someone crank the engine while watching guage. If it reads at all, reconnect distributor and start it. Read pressure. If no reading while cranking, it's time for mechanical troubleshooting.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
bill monahan
CPL
CPL

Post by bill monahan »

Yippee!!! Found the problem. After researching rebuilding options, parts and looking for local machine shop services, I remembered "Monahan's rule on breakdowns.....check the last thing you messed with." After working on my new troop seat brackets, wood and stain I had forgotten that I had changed out an erratic fuel gauge. Popped out the gauge panel and I saw it !!! Wire had fallen out of oil gauge. Ok, I really didn't take a Xanax but I am now having a Bourbon. Thanks for the replies!