It rolled yesterday... for the first time in 5 years!

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Josh
SFC
SFC

It rolled yesterday... for the first time in 5 years!

Post by Josh »

Sadly, it wasnt under its own power, rather from the 440 cubes of my brother's 78 power wagon...

I pulled it out of the muck beside the barn, it had sunk down about 1 foot into the ground, the rims were even with the ground surface, and it took some heavy yanking with the 78 to get it out. It did roll though, the brakes weren't frozen, which suprised me.

I sold the 66 Dart as well, which gives me the $$ to get it moved down to my house in Sheboygan, WI and start working on it!! Im hoping 3 years and it's finished. My spare body has held up well, I put plastic under it before storing it, and it has kept it in great shape.

I'm going to get a co-worker's son-in-law (hah, say that 3 times fast) to haul it from the UP of MI to Sheboygan. He own's a towing company and can haul it on his big flatbed. He'll do it for $400, which is less then it would cost me to do it with a Penske truck and trailer, and will be alot less hair raising as well, as the penske trailer would be maxed out, and his flatbed has a 10K lb capacity.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Glad to hear that you're "on the road to recovery!" ;)

Now, if I can just get to feeling well enough to work on mine...!
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"