Anyone live up in the PNW? Want to drive for a burger?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Anyone live up in the PNW? Want to drive for a burger?

Post by jim lee »

I was wondering if anyone here was located in the PNW. We're above Seattle and we've started driving our M37 out to places to get a burger for lunch. Its a lot of fun and extremely low key. Well, until the truck breaks then its all stressful.

Anyone around here want to bring your OD machine and join us?

-jim lee
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Anyone live up in the PNW? Want to drive for a burger?

Post by Jess »

Jim, I think it would be a great idea and a way for some of us to meet the other enthusiasts in the region. Unfortunately, for me it would be a 4 hour drive and then the ferry to Anacortes, so isn't likely to happen for a day trip. I know there are a bunch in the Vancouver area and likely more around Puget Sound. A few post here already. If I get brave enough to do the trip, you'll be the first one I call. I have met Storm Stevenson already and it would be great to put some faces to the other names.
Its been discussed by some of us north of the 49th, that we should try to do a Peace Arch Park meet up, which might make it possible for more from each side to attend without a border crossing required. Maybe some day.

Hope you get some bites from your local guys on the burger meet...

Jess
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Post by jim lee »

That's the problem. Almost everyone is too far away for a casual lunch trip. Storm is only down in Seattle, but probably over 2hr by M37. He did make it up here once and I was very impressed.

If you do take the ferry to Anacortes, we live almost walking distance to the ferry dock. More than walking distance for lazy people like me.

-jim lee
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

Jim, I can't promise that I'll bring the M37CDN, but I will try to look you up next time we decide to take the ferry down from Sidney. Its always good to meet some others with similar interests.

Jess
Rich
CPL
CPL

Post by Rich »

Jim lee,
If i were closer that would be great! It looks like a great burger!
Hal O'Peridol
PFC
PFC

Post by Hal O'Peridol »

Jim,

I live in the Bellingham area, could meet quite easily. Only I have no OD running at the time.
USAR 1980-1983
US Army 1983 to 1993 05H20Y4, 98G2LGM
Desert Storm 1990 to 1991, 1st Inf Div.
1984 M1009 CUCV
1944 GPW 1/4 T
1953 M37 3/4 T
M100 1/4T trailer
1 M416 1/4T trailer
More Army Surplus stuff than you can shake a stick at.
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Post by jim lee »

Hal O'Peridol, here's some motivation to get yours running! You gotta' ask yourself : What's the least amount of work you need to do to get your machine on the street?

Burger patrol
Today's burger patrol: Burger Express in Sedro Wooley, WA. on Hwy 20 .

Burger Express, not too far from home. I'd heard that the burgers there were surprisingly good. Didn't look all that promising, but it was somewhere to go try.

Proof! We actually drove the M37 there. We ate under that awning in the background. Next to the giant cannibalistic wooden hot dog.

This is the burger I was actually served. About 1,000 times better than that last place! (The first picture I posted was a "stock photo".) This was so good, I wanted a picture of the real deal. Wow! Yum! I was impressed. An amazing burger for a roadside drive-through box.

But, drive-throughs don't serve beer. It was a sunny day and Julie wanted her beer. So, on the way home, we hit up one of the local favorites, The Train Wreck, for a beer to cap off the afternoon.

-jim lee
LesBerg
PVT
PVT

Post by LesBerg »

Nice! My father in law lived in Sedro before he passed a few years back. We spend the summer out there his final year. There's a great Thai place on Metcalf St, or there was a few years back.

I'm out in north Idaho, about halfway between Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint. I'd love to get Ironsides out that way for a cruise. I'll let you know if I can make that happen at some point.

Ironsides (the Willys, not the B-25 :lol: ):
jeep.jpg
jeep.jpg (49.39 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
As an aside, taking Highway 20 & 2 all the way back to Sandpoint is a stunning drive.