Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

M37 Assembly Line Pic

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

I just found this great pic of M37's being built on the assembly line. I don't think I've seen it before, so maybe some of you haven't seen it yet either. I found it on the web at Carl Creinemann's M37 site where he documents the restoration of his M37. The link is below.......and there's lots of good info on there. I don't know if Carl is a member of this forum, but if he is.........thanks for the great pics and info on your site. (And I hope you don't mind me borrowing your pic) :D

http://m37.crwdesigns.com/

just me
1SG
1SG

Re: M37 Assembly Line Pic

Post by just me »

I really appreciate the oilslick down the center of the line on brand new trucks. Makes me less anal about stopping them all on mine.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

D. Doyle has hundreds of great pictures like that in his two volume set of Dodge trucks.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Bert,

Really? That's great to hear! I need to get me a copy of that thar book soon. Thanks for reminding me!

regards,
bob
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Hi Bob,

I picked up the set when I was in KS for the MVPA rally. It has an abundance of great information.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

w30bob wrote:Hi Bert,

Really? That's great to hear! I need to get me a copy of that thar book soon. Thanks for reminding me!

regards,
bob
Definitely. These are superb books. The two-part halftrack series is equally well done.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
Chris P
CPL
CPL

Post by Chris P »

So, what are the guys in the picture doing, particularly the one leaning over the windshield?
Chris P
1954 M37
MVPA
MHCC
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Chris P wrote:So, what are the guys in the picture doing, particularly the one leaning over the windshield?
Good question. Seems like an awkward position to do something, especially on an assembly line where he might have to do it many times each day.

To me, the three guys in the foreground look like they're posed for the photo.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

None of them look like they are installing batteries, yet that is what is at that workstation for installation.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Yeah, speaking of awkward positions...........check out the guy squatting down behind the first truck. Imagine doing THAT all day. The one interesting thing I got from this pic is the radiator was black as installed, as were the bed bow corners.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of these pics in David's book, when I get it.

regards,
bob
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

And Carl is a member of this forum-posts every now and then.

I'll also endorse David Doyle's two-volume set. Fantastic material!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Gary,

I figured it to be a great book. I've been holding off buying it to pick it up at one of the east coast meets to save on shipping. I know...........I'm a cheap SOB. But I also might get to meet David in person, which is also pretty cool. If I don't get it this weekend at MTA I'll get it at Aberdeen in a few weeks.

thanks,
bob
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Picked up a copy of the book set at the MTA meet in NJ this weekend. Got to meet David Doyle and had a good discussion about the books and other things. Great guy. Very interesting read to be sure, with lots of great pics! We're lucky to have someone that devoted to MVs to make such books.

regards,
bob
creinemann
SGT
SGT

Post by creinemann »

Yep, still around and kicking, just pulled the M37 from winter storage and am prepping to do some much needed steering repairs
Hi Guys,

I just found this great pic of M37's being built on the assembly line. I don't think I've seen it before, so maybe some of you haven't seen it yet either. I found it on the web at Carl Creinemann's M37 site where he documents the restoration of his M37. The link is below.......and there's lots of good info on there. I don't know if Carl is a member of this forum, but if he is.........thanks for the great pics and info on your site. (And I hope you don't mind me borrowing your pic) :D

http://m37.crwdesigns.com/
Carl Reinemann

1953 M37 USAAF
1953 M101 Trailer
1961 M416
Too many military collectibles to mention

http://m37.crwdesigns.com
M37 Restoration Site
http://dodgem37.com
http://facebook.com/creinemann
http://legendary-antiques.com
DDoyle
PVT
PVT

Post by DDoyle »

w30bob wrote:Picked up a copy of the book set at the MTA meet in NJ this weekend. Got to meet David Doyle and had a good discussion about the books and other things. Great guy. Very interesting read to be sure, with lots of great pics! We're lucky to have someone that devoted to MVs to make such books.

regards,
bob
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your kind words, and it was great to meet you as well at Sussex. I am glad that you are enjoying the books as well. I won't be at Aberdeen this year, but I will be at the Findlay show May 20-22.

I also am doing a presentation about Dodge military trucks at the Michigan Military Technical & Historical Society in Eastpointe, Michigan on 15 May. This will include additional photos that aren't in the books. The bigger the crowd the better!

A link to information about the presentation, as well as my show schedule, are now posted on my website, www.DavidDoyleBooks.com.

Sincerely,
David