East Coast Blizzard of 2016

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: East Coast Blizzard of 2016

Post by Carter »

dmowrey3@comcast.net wrote:Carter , it was probably better to scoop it anyways....and with all the snow that slid off your garage it must have been six foot deep at the door . That garage is sweet ! How big is it ? I have 24 + 40 I need to get it insulated like yours . How many sheets did you use to cover your walls ? Thx Dave
The snow stayed on the garage roof and melted in place for some reason, never did that before. It's 30' X 40' and I had a contractor build it so I never counted sheets just dollars.... thirty five thousand and another four thousand for wiring and lights.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Carter wrote:...so I never counted sheets just dollars.... thirty five thousand and another four thousand for wiring and lights.
So true.

When people ask me how much my M37 cost, I tell them that the truck was far and away the cheap half of the deal. The workshop, the tools, and the spare parts are what really costs money in this hobby! :lol:
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

You got it, my truck was free but was missing so much stuff that I have spent many thousands getting it where it is today NOT counting labor, it's a money pit that sucks up every extra dollar I have.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
dmowrey3@comcast.net
PFC
PFC

Post by dmowrey3@comcast.net »

I got a good deal on my garage but spent a boat load of money on my truck so it all evens out in the end ........ I tried to build a bigger garage but my township said no way gotta stay under 1000 sq feet ! I'll keep a look out for you Carter since we are in the same area , sure would enjoy seeing your truck !

Dave