Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Checking in again

Post by HingsingM37 »

Hello Folks,

Here I am with a little spare time so I am prowling around here for the first time in months. As of today December 24 it is 70 and very humid here. I decided to restore my fathers old parlor stove this fall and had planned to have it hooked up by now in the work shed to warm the chilly NC nights. Go figure. Once again I find myself apologizing for not being a regular here as in days past.. We have a lot of new members and I welcome them. Nice to see the old regulars are still here.
I wish to make it a New Years resolution to be back here more.

I have taken up a lifelong dream of playing guitar and I am keeping busy revisiting my musical talents. That occupies my free time. Now at 52 I regret letting it lapse for 20+ years. It has been fun shaking off the rust. The other free time is still spent with the Chinese Martial Arts. I wish to get a few students down here but I do not want to get overwhelmed teaching. That's what suppressed the music and stage talents in the past. There is a theatre group in Albemarle, NC (home of Kellie Pickler, God her TV show is awful :roll: ) that I want to check out. Still a few roles on my bucket list I want to play. Mr. Mushnik from Little Shop of Horrors is on the top.

Mary and I are settled here in NC. It has been some adjustment leaving our lifelong Ohio home.It is hard to start from scratch. Some just don't get the emotional sacrifice it takes to relocate.
I am getting to know some of the local "characters" and that has been fun. Mary hangs out at the little local library on Fridays doing a craft class.

Today I added up the total mileage (I switched speedometers) I have put on the M37 since it hit the road in 2009/10, 10,555!
Old 58-091618 has been driving well. Only one breakdown in that time due to a fuel pump pin. An electric upgrade is on the list. I need to due some p/m work to have it ready for my Uwharrie Forrest Bigfoot research next year. I also got my first car show trophy here in NC back in October.

I learned a valuable lesson this summer. As I have not put up shelter for the M37 and trailer yet I had the M covered with plastic tarps outside. The high heat and humidity caused a greenhouse effect and caused the paint on the roof and hood to discolor and form small pinhead sized bubbles. Beware of cheap plastic tarps as cover. I may repaint the front clip, or not. With a case full of plaques and trophies, it may be time to get the old M37 a little dirty and just have fun with it. I do plan to get a carport up to keep the canvas in good shape and keep the finish from getting worse. I also need to get my M101 under cover (as well as the wife's jeep) :lol: .

Anyway, back to getting the house ready for our Christmas guest. A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,

David
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Cal_Gary

Re: Checking in again

Post by Cal_Gary »

So nice to hear from you David! We've missed your input-Charles must be working you too hard! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
T. Highway

Re: Checking in again

Post by T. Highway »

Hi David,

Very good to hear from you again............your schedule doesn't sound that full, I think your just slacking off. :lol:

All kidding aside, sounds like things are working out well at your new home and we look forward to more of your input here on the site,

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR