Badlands in Attica, IN! WOW was it fun.

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Badlands in Attica, IN! WOW was it fun.

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Well I had a great time at my first time at the Badlands in Attica, IN! WOW, running with Jill, Jon, Bill and a few other Jeep's was a blast. I'm very proud of the M, as she went every where the Jeeps went (as long as the trees were at least close to wide enough).

I suffered a little body damage to the front left fender, the left running board, and the right rear running board. The right rear running board took the blunt of my squeeze plays to follow the jeeps, some where along the line I actually rubbed the paint off down to bare metal. The Holley TBI gave me a lot of sre-starting problems, I have one more thing to try, make sure the ground is as good as I though it was. I did go through one of the ballast resister this trip, but being a good Dodge Electronic Ignition user, I was caring a spare.

On the last trail, running over some boulders following Jon, I must have gone over a bolder taller than I thought, as when the front wheel road over it, the came down and it hit the muffler hard, and put a nice dent in it, and managed to break the exhaust manifold.

http://m37.wawii.com/images/DSC00446_DonorManifold.JPG

Now to see if this 1984 Manifold will fit the '68 Block and the M's exhaust pipes. I hope it's a direct bolt in.

Any one with experience or suggestions?

Are all the cast iron manifolds the same mounting points (head and pipe)?

Thanks,
Will
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Looks like you had a fun day. Expensive, but fun! ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Way to go W. A. Not afraid to push it a little!! Man the Dodge sure stands out in a crowd of jeeps
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Hey I just noticed those cool as heck pedals. Did you make those? Very nice.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Lifer, Thanks, Fun, and the worst expence was the fuel to get there and back.

rixm37, I built the M for fun, and the damage hurts after having taken so much time it taking the original dents out, but none of my body damage is as bad as the truck had to start with. Yea, the M turned a few heads, and I got the usual question (did Jeep build that?). Yep, I designed the pedals, gave the drawings to a guy to water jet out the pieces (the M is 3 pieces and the 37 is 4), I then assembled the letters to the backing plate, and then the ring to the backing plate, and then the completed pad to the hanging pedals. Nice look, and very functional, Thanks.

Will
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Really nice job Will. Been watching your build since I found your page before I found the registery . The truck has come a really long way. you got to be proud of that baby!! :D
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

rixm37,

Yes I'm proud, and Thanks.

Will
Thanks,
Will