transmission

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
andre

transmission

Post by andre »

I need a transmission for my 1951 M37.

does anyone know where I can get one or recommend where I can get mine rebuilt?

thank you in advance

andre
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: transmission

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

andre wrote:I need a transmission for my 1951 M37.

does anyone know where I can get one or recommend where I can get mine rebuilt?

thank you in advance

andre
We offer rebuild service, send us a e-mail via the contact us link on the website below if we can help.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

XM708 might have a spare t/o tranny for you-he's in Vermont. Also, VPW just shipped a few back from OCONUS-might be pricey though.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

Post by xm708 »

thanks for the plug gary. andre came up the other day and bought a tranny from me. I was glad I took the cover off because the one I was going to sell had the syncros grenaded in it. by the way has anybody here seen an m37 tranny with a solid shifter ? This tranny has a solid shifter and it does not come apart. it was in a 1951 US airforce m37 w/w but could this be a canadian tranny is there such a creature ? oh charles any ideas ???

curious in VT

ed
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

The Canadian trucks use a stub shaft with the bolt on shift levers like the US models. Many civilian trucks with the same transmissions use a solid shift lever. I would imagine this one had been swapped out for a shift lever from a civilian Dodge truck of the era.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

Post by xm708 »

thanks charles . are the guts the same inside the transmissions do you know ?
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

xm708 wrote:thanks charles . are the guts the same inside the transmissions do you know ?
The Canadian trucks have an ACME transmission, totally different from the New Process units that were used in the US trucks. I have 1 ACME laying around, haven't been in it, don't know its condition.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi Ed,
My pleasure! You've always helped me out so I thought I'd send you some business.

BTW, I found an excellent M37 Arctic top (with the oval back window) at the Lodi meet on Friday for $160-what a deal huh?
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Cal_Gary wrote:Hi Ed,
My pleasure! You've always helped me out so I thought I'd send you some business.

BTW, I found an excellent M37 Arctic top (with the oval back window) at the Lodi meet on Friday for $160-what a deal huh?
M37 arctic tops don't have the oval back window, they have a rectangular sliding window. What you have is a CCKW retrofit top. That's why the cheap price tag was on it. Good condition genuine M37 arctic tops will bring in the $2,000-$2,500 range.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

Post by xm708 »

Gary,

glad you got the top cheap regardless if it is an artic top, metal top, plastic top as long as you like it. If I could find somebody to pay 2500 for a top I would retire tomorrow !!!!!! thanks again gary.

ed
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Well Charles, my education continues! I wasn't in the market for a hard top to begin with, but the condition of this one was too good to pass up, and I also like the look of the oval window. That's what I get for assuming-I've seen a couple dozen M37s with the oval hard top so my assumption was that the oval top was M37-specific.
Thanks!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

xm708 wrote:Gary,

glad you got the top cheap regardless if it is an artic top, metal top, plastic top as long as you like it. If I could find somebody to pay 2500 for a top I would retire tomorrow !!!!!! thanks again gary.

ed
If you have an excellent condition arctic top for sale, all you need to do is put the word out there in the right place, we just sold one a while back for $2,000.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com