Cyber Monday deal...

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Cyber Monday deal...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hello all,
I'll be the first to say that I hate shopping, unless it's for M37 parts, tools, or other toys, so allow me a moment to share this story.

Last Monday I was on line, searching for good deals that were affordable, testing this "cyber-Monday" phenomenon. Eventually I rolled up on the Pep Boys site and spied a new, in the box, 2-ton foldable engine hoist, greatly reduced, with a cyber-Monday promo code to boot! By the time I finished setting up a 24-hour reservation for their in-store pickup, it cost me only $133.88, and I got a confirmation email as well! I was skeptical for sure, figuring I'd get some grief when I arrived to pick it up. Tuesday, when I arrived in the store and told the cashier what I needed, he found my reservation and said he couldn't believe that they offered a 2-ton at that price. So he dug around, eventually dialing up the $133 price I'd quoted, and said "yep, there it is-follow me". He led me to the prize, still in the box, the last one he had, helped me load it up, and said he was going to get one for himself!

I left as a happy, satisfied customer, feeling like I hit the jackpot, and shared my story with one of my co-workers last night who is also a motorhead like me. We went back to the Pep Boys site while at work, and while the $133 promo was gone, he also hit the jackpot at a different (local) store for a final price of $153 which is still a great deal, and is picking his hoist up today!

My hoist will come in handy down the road when I start dismantling to have the M37's frame blasted (probably 2016, but I couldn't pass up that price I found on Monday).
Thanks for letting me carry on--Merry Christmas to me!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500