signalstat 900 install

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jacksauto
PVT
PVT

signalstat 900 install

Post by jacksauto »

have a signal stat 900 and I was wondering about the rear taillight install.the fronts are using the 2 larger lights that are not normally used.but my question Is,do the wires go to the larger light bulbs on the rear.they are only single filliments.how does that work for the rear blinkers?
pwrwagonfire
SSGT
SSGT

Re: signalstat 900 install

Post by pwrwagonfire »

I used the signal stat 900 that was in my truck when I put in the new wiring harness. I found an issue using single filament bulbs, when the truck was supposed to be signaling right, the emergency flashers would come on. The solution as it ended up being, was changing to duel filament taillights, problem solved. I guess what I'm saying, is it may not be possible for you. I'd love to find out when you figure out a work around to your issue

Was never able to get the little lights on the signal stat to flash unfortunately...

-T
Tom P
CPL
CPL

Post by Tom P »

The smaller bulbs are tail lights and tied together.
larger bulb is the brake light and you need to add another light with the two bulbs like the left to the right side unless it's already been done.
Right side has a tail and blackout brake originally.

When wiring the lights as per instructions you cut the brake light wire and run in through the switch to send power to the appropriate light and use the original brake light wire for the left light.
If the two rear lights are tied together you separate them and run a new wire from the right side to the turn switch.

TGP
"47" WDX WW
"52" M37 WW
"54" Willys M38A1
"65" M35A1 WW
To Many Others
http://www.g741.org/photogallery/main.p ... temId=2019
PoW
SSGT
SSGT

Post by PoW »

Your SignalStat must be the "7 wire" type to do what you want. It multiplexes the stop and turn functions into a single lamp on each side.

The 4-wire type can't be used with the stock taillight housings. It requires separate rear stop and turn lamps to function.

PoW
jacksauto
PVT
PVT

Post by jacksauto »

yes ,got a lot of good help and advice and was able to complete it today and it all works even the flashers.i just have to remember to turn the switch to the right everytime I drive it,lol cant thank u guys enough for the help.i am running out of things to do to it.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

jacksauto wrote:yes ,got a lot of good help and advice and was able to complete it today and it all works even the flashers.i just have to remember to turn the switch to the right everytime I drive it,lol cant thank u guys enough for the help.i am running out of things to do to it.
Jeez, I didn't know you COULD run out of things to do on an M37 :)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
jacksauto
PVT
PVT

Post by jacksauto »

well put,i am starting a new list of things I want to do to it.it is crazy talk to think I am running out of things to do.lol