Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

Best M37 Restoration in the World!

Post by w30bob »

This one should stir up some comments.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Dodge-Powe ... y_Vehicles

I'm guessing it was restored as a military Milk Truck?

Gotta say.....anyone who restores one in white definitely has a set.

enjoy,
bob
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Re: Best M37 Restoration in the World!

Post by 52 M-42 »

Wow! :shock: Just WOW!
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Wow is right. Not exactly a "restoration" in the dictionary sense of the word, but it certainly appears to have been rebuilt with attention to detail. The shape of the winch driveshaft seems unusual, though, almost like it was made from hexagon bar stock.

With that color, I'd expect it to have the arctic powerplant heater kit on the right fender, and be for sale in Alaska. Must be hard to keep clean in Georgia. :)
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

I beg to differ, I think Bill Wincapaw's M-37 restoration was a lot better than the one posted here.
Not only in the colors, but also in the rightness of the whole process.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
milstencil
CPL
CPL

Post by milstencil »

Juan, I agree Bill Wincapaw's was the BEST!
Did anyone notice the chrome winch bumpers???
Rick
Resident of the Communist state of Massachusetts, home of failed
health care and failed gun control! See what the Democrats can do
when they control both houses.
http://www.militarystencils.com
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

my mom told me "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything"Image
........................................Image
.............................. use it ...............
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Mighty bold BS statement: "Here is the best M-37 Powerwagon known to exist in the world."
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Tuko
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tuko »

I like it but I wouldn't say its the best in the world!
51 Dodge M37 W/W 4BT/NV4500

My G741 Registry Entry
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Post by ZGjethro »

I have to say, I like it. It may not be a factory restoration, and to claim such is ridiculous, but it does look well done. Plus, it is a lot more work to strip and paint all those parts another color than it is to buy a NOS part and slap it on. My truck is a 52 model and started of OD. Then in 1985 it was purchased by a fire department and painted a somewhat bright fire truck yellow/green. It has been that color nearly 30 years, and I don't have plans to paint it OD. Inside the cab it is still the military color, and I like it that way since it shows off its roots
m37jarhead
SFC
SFC

Post by m37jarhead »

"fully submersable" ??? And just how does the driver breath when fully under water? :)

JB
Member: Arizona Military Vehicle Collector's Club, Treasurer.
Past Pres
Member: MVPA #26600
Member: NRA
‘43 GPW, '53 M37 W/W, ‘54 M170 Field Ambulance,
59 M43, '76 M151A2, '86 CUCV,
'43 GPW, 416 & 101 trailers.
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

m37jarhead wrote:"fully submersable" ??? And just how does the driver breath when fully under water? :)

JB
:lol: It's fully submersible....when you get past the intake and flood the carb it will stay on the bottom for a very long time...:lol:

You guys got it wrong. It's the worlds best restored UN version. He just forgot the big UN on the doors.... :D
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Oddjob
SGT
SGT

Post by Oddjob »

The Horror... The Horror... All it needs now is Chrome Plated Weapons mount and a Chrome Plated 1919A4...

Best way to fix that is take it muddin'... and let it dry and never wash it again... :D
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Just 1 more great example of the word "restoration" being extremely miss used. Being in the business of rebuild and restoration, I'll have to make the same statement I've made many times before. No way is this a restored truck in any since of the word unless the seller is wanting to give it away. The buy it now price of $22,500 tells the whole story very well. No way can one buy parts and materials to completely restore this truck to "the best around" status without spending way more than $22,500. I would almost place bets this one is what would be know in the restoration world as a SIMONIZ overhaul. Paint is likely a very amateur job, although you can't see that kind of detail in pictures. 2 red flags, 1 is pictures are very limited. If I felt I had the best truck in the world, I would have wanted shots of every side to really show it off well. 2, no shots of engine and drive train except at the front axle; also no mention as to what extent mechanical rebuilding was done, IF ANY. Based on the asking price, it would have to be very minimal at best. Anyone who fells genuine about their truck being as good as is portrayed in his opening line should have had a real photo spread; along with a very detailed description about EVERYTHING that went into the build. Asking price would also have to be in line with the descriptive info. Not true here.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

Post by xm708 »

$22,500 and what 6 pics ? sad they offer 12 pics for free for the listing and then you pay more. Then 5 sentences of description that's just sad but at least he painted Marine Corps colors ? I made an offer of 2 bucks wonder if they will take it...
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Knowledgeable M37 enthusiasts are not the target market for this sale.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776