CSCameron
PFC
PFC

M37 Spotted in North Phoenix Today...

Post by CSCameron »

Anybody on here?

Clark
Cal_Gary

Re: M37 Spotted in North Phoenix Today...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi Clark,
So you spotted one down Phoenix way? Wonder if Jerry had his M37 out and around-he's down there in the heat somewhere in AZ....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
CSCameron
PFC
PFC

Post by CSCameron »

Yep, briefly spoke to whomever at a traffic light. He said he also has a 49 FFPW he is working on. Didn't get a chance to ask his name. Thought it would be nice to actually meet someone locally with the PW addiction. :)
Hemiman
PVT
PVT

Post by Hemiman »

Hmmmmm . . . . Looks like I'm gonna have to check mine today. Last I knew, I had it stored in Tempe.
19E/K
63B
93B
m37jarhead
SFC
SFC

Post by m37jarhead »

Anyone interested in seeing my M37 project is welcome to contact me and/or come by.
I live in Gilbert, AZ., on the east side of metro Phoenix.
Locals,snowbirds and vacationers welcome.
PM me or call: 480-497-9722.
Check out my gallery pic's.

Jerry Bubolz
Member: Arizona Military Vehicle Collector's Club, Treasurer.
Past Pres
Member: MVPA #26600
Member: NRA
‘43 GPW, '53 M37 W/W, ‘54 M170 Field Ambulance,
59 M43, '76 M151A2, '86 CUCV,
'43 GPW, 416 & 101 trailers.
dbcolts
PVT
PVT

Post by dbcolts »

CSC
Thanks, for the Craig's List post. I contacted Tim....the seller, and bought his M37. I got a little bonus with the Dana 60F and 70HD axles that he wanted "gone". And hauled it all back to Palm Desert, Ca.....from Phoenix 11 days ago. Great truck (and hope to get the engine running soon). I've been lucky so far, and gotten two of the supposedly "frozen" 230 engines in a couple of my trucks, running in the last year. The last one I got running had sat on a farm for 10 years...then in the yard of a "Jeep" guy for another 10 years. So, it hadn't run in 20 years. We got it started 3 weeks ago....great oil pressure and no smoke. Idles smooth....and the compression check showed a variantion of the 6 cylinders to be 60-120 lbs. I have no idea of why it runs with this big a variance. Maybe the rings finally broke free....?? The sheet metal is great.....except. And I mean a BIG "EXCEPTION".....the bed had a sheet of plywood put over it, a long time ago. It had dry rotted....but had acted as a sponge and held water on the steel bed. Soooo....it literally is falling apart....with big chunks missing. As I don't restore the trucks to "like new" condition....and like the RUSTIC look....I will probably just put another sheet of plywood on top of it....or put a new layer of sheet steel on top of the old floor. I'm not going to disassemble the bed, to replace the flooring. If you have any other ideas.....I'm open.
Thanks, again for the lead.
Tim is happily back in Alaska.
ROUGH & READY DODGE POWER WAGONS
1939-1968 Dodge trucks & parts for sale
email for listing of trucks for sale
DAVID BUEHN
dbcolts@aol.com
714 310 9934
Indio, Ca.
US Navy, 1968-69, USS Tunny APSS-282
CSCameron
PFC
PFC

Post by CSCameron »

That's awesome! Glad you were able to pick it up. Let's see some pics when you get a chance. I hope she fires right up for you. :D
dbcolts
PVT
PVT

Post by dbcolts »

What I thought would be an easy truck to get started.......turned into the worst nightmare. Within a few days of getting it home....we got it running. Then 2 days later it quite. It would not be running again for 6 months.....it was the engine from hell. I wrote a 2-part story about it for Matt at POWER WAGON ADVERTISER that was published last year. Now....its a true gem, and we even painted it. That ugly white-whale color was gross.
ROUGH & READY DODGE POWER WAGONS
1939-1968 Dodge trucks & parts for sale
email for listing of trucks for sale
DAVID BUEHN
dbcolts@aol.com
714 310 9934
Indio, Ca.
US Navy, 1968-69, USS Tunny APSS-282