Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

LOF Windshield Glass Codes Needed

Post by w30bob »

Howdy Boys,

Well, I'm trying to decode the windshield glass panes in my AF M37. I'm pretty sure they're original, but need to figure out the date codes to be sure. I scoured the web and all the info I found for LOF decoding starts in 1953.........my truck is a '52. I found the guys who reproduce LOF glass and emailed them about the date codes.........but they haven't gotten back to me yet. When they saw the words "Dodge M37" instead of "67 427 Tri-Power" my email probably went right in the round file. :mrgreen:

So if anyone knows where I can find the secret decoder ring for LOF glass made in 1952 please let me know. For those who want to know how to decode LOF glass in their M37s here's how;

First line should read "SAFETY [LOF] PLATE" this just means it's made by Libby Owens Ford (LOF)

Second Line reads; "AS-1-XY" The AS-1 decodes as the American Standards designation for a laminated windshield. AS-2 means laminated or tempered side glass. "X" is the month code of manufacture and "Y" is the year code of manufacture

I don't know how long LOF glass was used as original equipment on M37s, or if they were even the exclusive supplier in the beginning. PPG was alive and well and might have also supplied OEM glass when the M37s were manufactured.

If anyone has any info on this stuff please post.

thanks,
bob