Aberdeen?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

GERALDO
PFC
PFC

aberdeen show- jeepannels

Post by GERALDO »

I TALKED TO SHELDON (JEEPANNELS) he told me that he was not comming to aberdeen this year! :(
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Shrewd...

Post by Nickathome »

refit1701 wrote:I have met Lamar several times over the past 6 months. A shrewd businessman, he is.

Too bad you won't be there, perhaps next year?

-John
I've seen that guy at shows. He doesn't budge an inch on his prices either. I asked him about a spare tire carrier he had for sale and he wouldn't even move on the ten dollars less I offered him. Needless to say I didn't see anyone else buy it from him either. I usually just walk right past him now when I see him at shows.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Oh No....

Post by Nickathome »

m35gibson wrote:hi john,
well ive made the choice not to come because, number one,
if i cant bring the duece, it just wouldnt be the same,
ive neglected it this winter, nothing major, but i just dont have the free time or the money like i did last year, i blew close to 2 grand, and part of that was fuel,#2 my current girfriend, is raising holy hell, on the prospect of me just sitting around, a bunch of guys, and (dumb army trucks) she said this, not me! and getting drunk every night,( i arrive on the wed, of that week)
and blowing money i dont have, on crap i dont need.
women :x
kevin
She's whipping you dude, all is lost!!!! :wink: I'm with Lifer on one point, time to trade her in on a new one! If she's this way now, just think how she'll be in five years or when she gets the ring on her finger! I'm married and I don't put up with that!

This is meant in jest, but seriously you should set her straight about your hobby before its too late. Sorry to hear your'e not going to make the show this year.
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

Lamar is a good guy but sure of his prices. When we have local meets, we try to get there before he does so we can beat him to the deals, otherwise he buys them up and puts them on his table.

He has a great trail ride each year that I hope to make next year.
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Re: aberdeen show- jeepannels

Post by refit1701 »

[quote="GERALDO"]I TALKED TO SHELDON (JEEPANNELS) he told me that he was not comming to aberdeen this year! :([/quote

Did you get his new web address or phone number? I can get a bed floor from John at Midwest but I wanted the cab pieces.
-John

1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

Dang, Kevin!

I agree with the others, don't let her ride you like that. Though you may have made a tactical error in not inviting her along, even though it would cramp your style.

If you explain the situation correctly, she won't want to come. Hours of walking and digging through greasy, dusty old truck parts and then more hours of sitting and talking about old truck parts usually lets women excuse themselves from the trip. There's no home and garden show where we are going... :D
-John

1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

ABERDEEN

Post by anthony manzella »

DAMM DUDE I'AM GOING ON 20 PLUS YEARS SINGLE again AND I TRY NOT TO PUT UP WITH NO WOMENS SYCO B/S BUT THATS ME ! BUT DO TRY TO EXPLAIN THE GUY THING AND BEING WITH A BUNCH OF OLD PARTS AND STINKEN OLD FARTS . l.o.l :wink: 8)
Hit Duh Ground Runnin
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Post by Nickathome »

refit1701 wrote:Lamar is a good guy but sure of his prices. When we have local meets, we try to get there before he does so we can beat him to the deals, otherwise he buys them up and puts them on his table.

He has a great trail ride each year that I hope to make next year.
And he assuredly buys the parts, then jacks the price even higher in an attempt to make a huge profit from some unknowing dimwit.

I just can't understand someone though who is already selling something for more than you know its worth (in my case I had talked to people and knew his price was fairly high) then won't even take close to what he wants for it. If it were me I think I'd consider taking a small profit on alot of parts, then trying to get top dollar for only one or two. I doubt he sells much stuff with his attitude.

I could understand his position should someone make him an insulting offer, but I thought my offer to him was reasonable yet he still balked. Needless to say, not someone I will do business with....
m35gibson
PFC
PFC

Post by m35gibson »

yeah,
unfortunatly you really have to know him, i sold him a prick 25, and a m37 boarding latter, last year, he talked me down so low, i almost just gave it to him,,,,, almost :) , but he has been good to me over the years, he gave me some hard to come by parts for my duece(thats right, he gave me) doesnt sound like the lamar we know :D like i said, you have to know him,he is a really nice guy, but a tough person to bargin
with,
kevin
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

I won't defend his practices, but if you have something he needs, you can deal pretty well with him.

He's a good guy at heart, but he loves to gather stuff, even if he keeps it for a long time.
-John

1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
m35gibson
PFC
PFC

Post by m35gibson »

hey!
im an olive drab packrat myself :P
kevin
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

Yes....this hobby seems to cause an accumulation of STUFF around the house and garage. I can see why many eventually start bring a pile to swap meets.

I've started watching for gas cans at flea markets and now have four or five. I was lucky to get a 1953 blue AF can which matches my truck.

I found a couple of WWII cans which I guess will be good if I ever get a WWII jeep.
-John

1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Swap meet...

Post by Nickathome »

I have had thoughts of bringing the extras I have to a show one day, but have not yet done so. I'd like to sell it all at one time to avoid shipping hassles, etc. I don't feel I have enough to make it worth my while though to rent a space and sit all day. One day I may just do this though. For now I will just sit on the stuff I have until I accumulate some more.
CGarbee
SGT
SGT

Post by CGarbee »

Just remember that I have extra space in case you want to bring something by for a consignment sale (just tell me what you want for it, and we'll see what we can do...). I or one of my buddies will be at my location all day and can watch over things...

I've done this for folks from this site in the past as I've always got more space then stuff... :)
'53 USMC M37 w/Cummins 4BT
'64 XM708,
'51 M38
'73 M817, '71 XM813, '70 M816, '84 M931
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell
http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com
http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com
m35gibson
PFC
PFC

Post by m35gibson »

well guys,