government handling of humvees

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

xm708
SSGT
SSGT

government handling of humvees

Post by xm708 »

Anybody hear about the 4000 hummers going to be shredded ? supposedly our government that is trillions in debt is trucking them all down somewhere in the south to a contractor that will be paid 500 dollars each to shred them ? Figure in all the trucking for 4000 hummers and add that to the debt ! 2 million just for shredding alone. I know these are supposedly not dot safe but they are safe enough for our troops why not the public ? Maybe sell them to a foreign country on their dime it just kills me to see abuse of the system these trucks are just a pimple on the worlds butt of problems but where does it end ? sorry I just wanted to pass the info and it turned into a government rant ...

ed

aka
xm708
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

Re: government handling of humvees

Post by xm708 »

mods if you want to shift this to another section I understand ....

Topic moved
primal4x4
PVT
PVT

Post by primal4x4 »

By any chance, do you have a link to the article?
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

Post by xm708 »

I don't have a link. I heard this from a military surplus dealer and then I was told a comedian on hbo did a spoof on it as well. I will see if I can find something and post it. This just makes me sick..
Tom P
CPL
CPL

Post by Tom P »

It's not uncommon to see trucks/parts, complete cab or front end assembly's listed on GL with the note "succesful bidders must mutilate".
Or "item must be mutilated".
Crazy!
But that's how our Gov. thinks.
TGP
"47" WDX WW
"52" M37 WW
"54" Willys M38A1
"65" M35A1 WW
To Many Others
http://www.g741.org/photogallery/main.p ... temId=2019
Kiwi Mac

Post by Kiwi Mac »

Hi XM
To be fair to old Uncle Sam, he has provided a lot of Hummers at bargain basement price.
We had ex US Humvees in Bamian and Bagram in Afghanistan while our SAS obtained some Dumvees.
They were great until one encountered IEDs, but still, better than the Toyota Hiluxs and Surfs we
started with.

Interesting and keeping on topic, in Iran post the Iran/ Iraq war there was even the odd M37 and post WWII jeep to be seen.
Sorry, in those days we had no digital cameras. The oldest modern era vehicles we saw in Afghan were T34 tanks, Russian copy jeeps and quite a few Katushka rocket launchers
I'd add a pic of our hummers but it says board attachment quota filled
cheers
Mac[
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

G'day Mac.....
You can use Photobucket or the gallery to host your pics or I can host them if you wish......

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au