Just signed the pole barn contract

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: Just signed the pole barn contract

Post by Carter »

Bob, stone that was filled in under where the conc. was to be placed then a white colored foam expansion strip that was stapled to the timber framing that resulted in the elimination of any place where poured conc. might have escaped to run under the form.

Bert, I also was surprised that rear dump trucks were still in service here, I examined each of the 2 trucks and both exhibited signs of welded in patches and repair work that led me to believe the drum and frames were old used units that were patched up/repaired and put back in service rather than the company buying expensive front discharge rigs.
Yes fiber mesh was used, not sure how that will work out, never seen it after time has passed to know that I made a mistake and should have sprung for the extra $$$ to have steel mats. I guess if it cracks in places other than the control joints I will have to live with it.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Monkey Man wrote:Awesome stuff, 1 week and you'll be bolting your lift together (if you can make the room after filling it with all your stuff :wink:)

MM :D
Going to have to delay for 30 days until floor is cured enough to apply sealer so it will not be stained if oil happens to spill on it Tony, I have to sit and look at it but not get to use it. Torture :evil:
Carter
Life Member:
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

What sealer are you going with?
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

This stuff, looks like I need to etch before application, need to read labels more thoroughly as I failed to buy any.

Carter
Life Member:
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

Damn I'm envious! I sure wish I could get away with that type of construction out here in BC... I love the light emitting fiberglass panels: great idea! Do you have any plans on insulating it for winter comfort?
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

At this time no more insulation than what is already installed, if you look at any interior pic the silver reflective stuff in wall shots is 1 1/2 thick foam insulation which comes in 4'X8' sheets and laid down before the steel siding and roofing is placed over it. Probably not enough to keep the interior temps at shirt sleeve heat levels but should help retain some of the heat the wood stove provides.

Carter
Life Member:
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

Any insulation is better than nothing. Its been my experience that by the time I get outfitted with a beanie, welding helmet, gloves, heavy pants and whatever other PPE is worn for doing fab work that I'm generally warm enough anyway, even on those cold -20C days so long as the big doors are closed. Just enough to keep the chill off is usually good enough.
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

The door installers came last Friday, took two men about 4 hrs. to do the job.

Carter
Life Member:
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Wow....that looks nice. So you have an OD house and a desert sand colored garage. You ARE da man! :D

regards,
bob
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Carter,

Why is that tractor just sitting there when it should be doing the finish grade? :twisted: I just noticed that the gutters and downspouts aren't installed yet. :oops:

I like the way your pole barn turned out.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Tuko
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tuko »

Very nice!
51 Dodge M37 W/W 4BT/NV4500

My G741 Registry Entry
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Bert,

That pic was posted at 10:45am this morning. Of course by now Carter has the place graded and paved, gutters installed and the flu for the wood stove installed. Do you think the guy just sits around all day?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regards,
bob
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Thanks guys, I found a local guy that installs gutters/downspouts yesterday and have to contact him and the runoff can not be allowed to run on the ground but has to be plumbed into the French drain that the house roof drains to. My neighbor has a tracked backhoe that will dig the trench for the run from the garage to the pit as well as pulling the dirt away from the garage walls to keep ground runoff away from the building. Township requires all this in order to get approval for use and until all the above is done no approval. I would like to do the grading myself but digging the dirt away from the building is something that I fear might place the tractor to close to the walls and if I screwed up and poked a hole in a wall I'd be in trouble with the boss. :wink:
Carter
Life Member:
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Carter....smart move. I rented a good size backhoe/front end loader to dig out some root balls after a hurricane toppled the trees.........you'd be amazed at how much damage you can do with a backhoe when you're working the front end loader and not looking behind you! :D :D

regards,
bob
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

w30bob wrote:Carter....smart move. I rented a good size backhoe/front end loader to dig out some root balls after a hurricane toppled the trees.........you'd be amazed at how much damage you can do with a backhoe when you're working the front end loader and not looking behind you! :D :D

regards,
bob
Bob,

That doesn't sound good at all but I'm hoping you have pictures. :P

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO