2 wiring questions

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

snowdad
SGT
SGT

2 wiring questions

Post by snowdad »

Good morning to everyone. I hope to get back up and going with the restoration soon and one of the next things will be to get the rear frame primed and painted and wiring harness/brake lines run so I can get the bed in out of the weather by putting it back on the truck.

My questions involve the connectors and wiring in general. The truck is a confirmed 1953 M-37/M-42. Is all the wiring 16 ga. except the battery cables? If not, what are the circuits that are not and what are their guages?

Secondly, the connectors are Douglas and I have an ample supply of the shells and hopefully will maybe have the bushings when I get around to disassembling them and removing the original harness. Where can I buy individual terminals, bushings, and rubber grommets in bulk? I have sent emails to Saturn and Vintage Wiring of Maine this morning. Didn't know if there were any other locations that supplied them. I have seen pictures of members' toolboxes with these individual components and was wondering who supplies these items. Thanks in advance.
Phillip
T. Highway

Re: 2 wiring questions

Post by T. Highway »

Hi Phillip,

The parts you are looking for are available from John Bizal @ Midwest Military and VPW.

I would give John a call and ask him the question about wire gauges, he is aa wealth of information.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR