Bumper Bracket Needed

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Bumper Bracket Needed

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

Can one of you kind souls please sell me a front passenger side lower bumper mount, if you have an extra? I've got a pic of what I'm looking for below. I got the one in the pic from VintagePWs a few months ago and tried installing it with my newly straightened bumper a few days ago. Seems my bracket is a bit "weird" dimensionally. Compared to the bracket on the other side, which I got from John at Midwest (he only had the one), this bracket is thinner and bent to be a bit taller when installed.

Measurement-wise it's only taller by 3/16 of an inch, but trying to get the frame or the bumper to bend that much just ain't happening. I tried bending the bracket a bit here and a bit there, but the slightest amount of bending really screws up the mouting holes due to the angles involved, and the bends are starting to crack. So instead of me continually wasting my time with this one, it would just be easier if I got another bracket.

So if you'd like to do my neighbors a favor by stopping me from cussing loudly while trying to make this darn bracket fit......can you look thru your M37 stashes and see if you have one of these brackets you could sell me?

Thanks in advance,
bob

Cal_Gary

Re: Bumper Bracket Needed

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi Bob,
You might try using a big C clamp to influence it into place-that's what I used on my buggered up bracket-worked perfectly, and I'll bet it would work on that one as well.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi CG,

I actually took it to work and between the hydraulic press and the monster vice I was able to re-bend it to make it the right height. But by doing so it moved the lower mounting holes on both side of the bracket arms fully past those in the bottom of the bumper and of those in the top brace that bolts to the frame. I could redrill new holes but it would be swiss cheese at that point. It was simply bent wrong when it was made and as a result the two legs of the bracket are too long. I realize I'm not working with the Queen Mary here....so it doesn't have to be perfect.....but being time constrained these days, it will be easier for me to just get a good bracket. If anyone wants to play with this bracket that's driving me nuts I'll send it to ya.....just let me know.

thanks,
bob
Oddball-CmK
CPL
CPL

Post by Oddball-CmK »

Hello Bob,

I'll look through my parts, I may have one....

Cordell
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Awesome.....thanks Cordell!

regards,
bob
WarrenD
SSGT
SSGT

Post by WarrenD »

You could try Bob Stahl in MA, it would be a take-off part. Five-oh-eight- 384- seven-six-nine-eight. He is very old fashioned, no internet nor e-mail, phone only.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Warren,

Thanks! I always forget about Bob Stahl. I did get something from him a while back......thanks for the number.

regards,
bob
Oddball-CmK
CPL
CPL

Post by Oddball-CmK »

Yeah Bob, I didn't find anything... I'd go with Warren's route.

Sorry,

Cordell