Display board

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

SydneyM37
CPL
CPL

Display board

Post by SydneyM37 »

Does anyone know of a display board for placing in front of the truck, does anyone make them.

Bruce
Keep em green to keep ya keen
Cal_Gary

Re: Display board

Post by Cal_Gary »

Somebody was advertising them in Supply Line-I'll check and post it later today (at work right now).
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
SydneyM37
CPL
CPL

Post by SydneyM37 »

Thanks mate
Keep em green to keep ya keen
Paul in Kempner, TX
PFC
PFC

Post by Paul in Kempner, TX »

My display board generally replicates the dash data plate. It was done by a professional sign shop and is a metal sign fastened to a plywood board that has a hinged support for standing it up.

Because it is for identifying the truck at displays and shows, a display "data plate" does not need to have all the standard data elements. Start with your original data plate. Select the original data elements that have the information that you feel is pertinent to the spectator. After you place those, select any non-standard elements to want to display such as the owner's name. My WC52 is the winch version and a WC51 is not, I mention the winch to call attention to the fact that the wnch is standard. With an M37, the nomenclature on the date plate includes the "W/W" notice.

Now, you need a good sign maker. Most will take a photo, enlarge it the the size you want, add or delete elements, and then make you the sign. I think keeping the original proportions is good.

I like having a custom display sign that has data elements appropriate for display at a show. Spectators at a show can read my original data plate on the dash/glove box. My display board tells them information that connects me to the truck and the collector hobby, and can call attention to any special modifications such as 4 wheel disc brakes..
Paul Cook at the Kempner Power Wagon Museum MVPA#27246

"You have to GO BUY the book before you can GO BY the book."
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DJ »

Beachwood Canvas used to have one
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Sorry I couldn't find any other details-if I do I will post them.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500