Good Words For Good People

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Lifer
1SG
1SG

Good Words For Good People

Post by Lifer »

The machine shop that's rebuilding my engine notified me at the end of November that my oil pan was beyond repair and unusable. John Bizal at Midwest Military had a NOS oil pan available, so I ordered one in mid December and he sent it out within a week without waiting for payment. You can't beat that!

When the machine shop got back to work after the holidays, they called to tell me that they had lost the front gasket retainer and asked if they had sent it back to me with the other parts they weren't going to install. I searched the box of parts, and found no retainer. I sent John an e-mail and he sent me the needed part the next day, again without waiting for payment. I'm telling ya, John is a great guy to do business with.

I took the part to the machine shop yesterday, and the owner apologized profusely for having lost the original. It turns out that the "brain dead" high school kid who helps out on Saturdays had picked it up with the other scrap he was loading up to go to the salvage yard. He then reimbursed me for the cost of the part plus shipping, saying that since he lost the part, he was obligated to pay for the replacement. He could very easily have told me that the original part was broken or otherwise unserviceable and avoided the extra expense, but he didn't. I like doing business with folks like that!

From now on, if anyone asks where he can get parts for an M37, I will recommend John. If someone wants to know of a good machine shop, I'll recommend Palmer's. Both are good people! :D
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Stand up guy...

Post by Nickathome »

I've dealt with John Bizal a couple times and I agree that he is a very standup guy. I'm glad to see that the machine shop did the right thing. Its a rare thing indeed to have someone actually do the right thing instead of the usual bone jobs that most of them put us through.

We had a guy work on my wife's car about two years ago. Local shop near work, had a good reputation. Wife had inspection and emmissions test done thats all. She's driving home from work about 3 days later when she hears a loud bang and then the front end starts shimmying real bad. Turns out the mechanic after checking her brakes torqued two lug nuts to the point of over stressing them, and they let go on the highway. Fortunately no accident occurred. Needless to say, I called the guy up and read him the riot act about what could have happened etc. I made a point to mention the reciept I had lying on the counter with the fresh date of only 3 days prior proving he was the last person to touch the vehicle. We had the car towed to the dealer, and the mechanic paid for it all. He apologised out the wazoo, whic hI appreciated however we never took another vehicle to him. Just a bad taste in our mouthes with that incident to risk another. I'm glad at least there are some reliable people still out there.
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Yes, John is a good guy. He always answers my emails within one day and has fair prices. :D

Lifer, glad the machine shop was straight up with you. Bet you cant wait to get the engine back.
Nickathome, glad your wife's situation wasn't worse when those wheel studs broke. Sadly not many techs use torque wrench's on lug nuts when they are supposed to.

Unfortunately with many shops and vendors nowadays good customer service winds up being the exception not the rule :(
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".