Pictures of snow plow mounts please

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jbxx
SGT
SGT

Pictures of snow plow mounts please

Post by jbxx »

Could you post some pictures of your snow plow mounts?
I want to mount a 7'6" Meyers to the two pin mounts on the top of the bumper.
This is the one that was closest to what I want to do.
Whose ever truck this is, do you have any closer pictures of the lower end?
Or any other ideas that I can glean designs from.
J.B.
Captnsim
SGT
SGT

Post by Captnsim »

Pics from ebay.

Mourn the fallen.
Praise the brave.
Kill the enemy.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Webshots pictures of the mounting frame I made and use on my truck:

Full album:
http://news.webshots.com/album/107174178eboNqm
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
jbxx
SGT
SGT

Post by jbxx »

Great pics ! Thank you.
That is a good idea to mount the plow mounts back of the bumper.
Anything that you would change in hindsight?
I'm thinking about a PTO driven hydro set up to power a winch
and / or plow.
J.B.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

If you're asking me, and if I had enough money when the mounting frame was made it would have been all hydraulic, power lift and blade angle, but at the time money was short and using the winch for lifting and man powered angle was my only option. I only use the blade for my driveway and a couple of others and not commercially so it works just fine and don't plan to change anything as I have been doing it this way for more than 20 yrs, on this truck and others before it.
Carter
Life Member:
Captnsim
SGT
SGT

Post by Captnsim »

If you can swing it, go hydro for sure.
Mourn the fallen.
Praise the brave.
Kill the enemy.
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Nice rig Carter wow look at all the white stuff. We never see that out here except in the moutains :D
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
jbxx
SGT
SGT

Post by jbxx »

The top is mounted to where the D rings are usually hooked to.
It looks as if the bottom returns back to the frame extensions maybe?
The spring pack is below the actual frame so I'm assuming that you can not attach to the actual frame. Or do you have another piece that you attach the bottom to?
Tnx. J.B.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Snow...

Post by Nickathome »

rixm37 wrote:Nice rig Carter wow look at all the white stuff. We never see that out here except in the moutains :D
I live about 40 minutes north east of Carter, and I think we got about the same amount of snow he did that day. We got, about 16 to 17inches. This part of the world normally averages less than two feet of snow a year, so this was definitely not the norm, especially for so early in the season. Every so often though, as has happened recently, we will get almost our normal yearly average in one day. Our record is 30.5 inches, which we got during a Nor'Easter, back in January of 96. I had my Wrangler back then and had a blast 4 wheeling all over the place. Wish I would've had my M37 back then.
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

Nice rig Carter wow look at all the white stuff. We never see that out here except in the moutains Very Happy

It would be nice to get some photos of the plow frame mounted to the frame. Photos looking from top and bottom at all to the frame mounting points.
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

No barbecues outside, it's been cold here recently, 15F yesterday and 17F today. We still have snow on the ground and got several additional inches Friday night. Global warming? Just a little would be OK with me. :wink:

My snow plow mount does not attach to the truck's frame and only bolts to the lifting shackle mounts. The mount fits flush against the bumper and is padded with 2 lengths of scrap fire hose so it doesn't scratch the paint or unit markings. Mounted this way it has never bent the bumper or caused any damage to the shackle mount and I have used it this way for over 20 yrs connected to several M37s that I have used to plow snow with this rig. I have accidentally hit solid objects like curbs several times and all that happens is the plow tips on it's spring mount and causes no damage to the truck.

Carter
Life Member:
jbxx
SGT
SGT

Post by jbxx »

Carter, thanks for taking the time and effort to respond,
that is exactly what I wanted to know.
J.B.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Glad to help. :D
Carter
Life Member:
pwrwagonfire
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Pictures of snow plow mounts please

Post by pwrwagonfire »

Carter,

I just came across this old thread. I have all the parts collected, and am HOPING to get my plow set up on the M-37 next year. Yours is EXACTLY the set-up which I've had in my head! :D

I assume you're just using a snatch block hooked to the top, or do you have some sort of roller fabricated in?

I know its probably a PITA...but could I trouble you for a few basic measurements on that set up?

-T
Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: Pictures of snow plow mounts please

Post by Carter »

pwrwagonfire wrote:Carter,

I just came across this old thread. I have all the parts collected, and am HOPING to get my plow set up on the M-37 next year. Yours is EXACTLY the set-up which I've had in my head! :D
It seems to be a good design that has worked well for years.

I assume you're just using a snatch block hooked to the top, or do you have some sort of roller fabricated in?
Yes it uses a snatch block, thought about a roller but the block keeps the wire rope centered and does not allow it to slip to one side under load.

I know its probably a PITA...but could I trouble you for a few basic measurements on that set up?
Tell me what you need and I'll get them for you when the temps warm from the present -0 :shock: supposed to climb to 30/ 35 later in the week.
-T

Carter
Life Member: