Past Members Search.....

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

blank
Last edited by M-Thrax on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

M-Thrax wrote:Hello Juan
Have you still got the 6.2 diesel powered m-37 ( that was you right :oops: )
Regards
Bill W
With the centered axles to! How's that little cat of yours doing Juan?
Regards,
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
GERALDO
PFC
PFC

fuel

Post by GERALDO »

Im trying something new in my m37! I went to a local airport and purchased some 100 octane low lead aviation fuel to run in my truck, the guy told me that a lot of racers bought fuel from him to run in older motors. Has anyone else tried this?
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Your truck will run (marginally) better on the avgas, but the T245 is a relatively low-compression engine with a long strokeso I don't see much improvement for you there...especially if your engine is "tired." The guys who get the most benefit from using it are the racing guys and owners of '60s-era muscle cars. Your FBO guy better be careful about selling avgas for non-aviation purposes. The EPA will put him out of business in a big hurry if they find out he's doing it.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

I have been around a while to

Post by DAP »

I have been posting off and on since the BigE days - like what 92 or 94 something like that. To long ago to remember. Don't post a lot now just like to listen and learn. Wonder whatever happened to Charles Talbert. He seems to have disappeared.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: I have been around a while to

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

DAP wrote:I have been posting off and on since the BigE days - like what 92 or 94 something like that. To long ago to remember. Don't post a lot now just like to listen and learn. Wonder whatever happened to Charles Talbert. He seems to have disappeared.
Hey Dan, we are still here, still hard at it on the trucks every day, still years out on major projects, along with the run in stuff. Doing some military proto-type projects as well. I just cut back on the computer time, not even checking e-mails until after closing in the afternoon. Check by the forum once in a while, but not daily anymore. Come over to see us sometime when you get our direction, only about an hour from you in Waxhaw.

Later, Charles
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Wonderful!

Post by DAP »

Great. I am glad to see you are A- OK. Was wondering if you were still healthy. Just recently I heard the owner of MARS died and that is why the web site has gone static and no one can reach him. Problem is I can't get anybody to confirm that. He was a great guy to and always willing to help. With the swine flu and all the other junk going around makes me wonder when people drop off for a while. So sounds like despite the "improving economy" you are still cranking them out. I agree, to much computer time means less time fro wrenching. Got to stike a balance
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

M-Thrax wrote:Hello Juan
Have you still got the 6.2 diesel powered m-37 ( that was you right :oops: )
Regards
Bill W
I Didn't know you are M-Thrax now!
I still have the 6.2 powered M-37 and it still runs like a charm I'm driving 100 miles daily, except last wednesday that I've clocked 1100 miles in a 24 hour roundtrip to fetch a jeep for a friend and a nice junkyard score for me. (some people thinks I'm crazy)

The score is a 6.5l turbodiesel with 33000 miles on it from a totalled '98 Suburban, I'm doing the EFI to MFI conversion right now, the price was really cheap cause nobody knew how to make the diesel EFI work.
I plan to drop this engine (and it's extra 80hp) in my truck as soon as I can.

Regarding the kitten, he is doing fine. We visit him monthly, you can't imagine how much those things eat!!! (and the size of the dumps)
I'm glad my friend's zoo economy is healthy.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

blank
Last edited by M-Thrax on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: Wonderful!

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

DAP wrote:Great. I am glad to see you are A- OK. Was wondering if you were still healthy. Just recently I heard the owner of MARS died and that is why the web site has gone static and no one can reach him. Problem is I can't get anybody to confirm that. He was a great guy to and always willing to help. With the swine flu and all the other junk going around makes me wonder when people drop off for a while. So sounds like despite the "improving economy" you are still cranking them out. I agree, to much computer time means less time fro wrenching. Got to stike a balance
Yes Paul Caudell at MARS passed away this past April, he had been in declining health for a long while before that after suffering a stroke is my understanding. I'm unsure as to whether he ever worked anymore after the stroke. I have not been affiliated with the Hercules program or MARS since back in 1996 I believe it was when the original Hercules Engine Co called it quits.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

M-Thrax wrote:Juan
Its good to here from you, I recently came back to the site because I heard Charles was gone but I see now thats not true so take care my friend(s)
Regards
Bill Wincapaw
My apology Bill, didn't mean to disturb you at all. I was only responding to a post that addressed me directly. Please, don't leave on my account.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Sad news

Post by DAP »

That is sad news that Paul passed away. He was a great guy and always willing to share information and make very helpful practical suggestions. He will be missed!
Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

I am still plugging away at projects, just not M-37's.
This winter we have to finish up a 1970 MG-B, and a 67 Chevrolet Impala SS Cvt.
Still building a 47 Ford hotrod coup for a customer, and still trying to finish a T-15 Weasel, still buffaloed on what to do with the track system.

So as usuall, we are Jacks of all trades, and Masters of none.
Glad to see everyone else check in from the Big E days.

Tom @ Snake River
www.snakeriver4x4.com
M-37's - WC-51 - M-29C - WC-25 cc - CCKW
M-274 - M-101 - G-527 Water Buffalo
G-7117 Chevy
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Thanks for being there Tom and it's good to hear from you again!!
Anothe name I thought of was Charlie Aarons from Alaska (I think it was Alaska anyhow), has anyone heard from him and his diesel/lpg truck?

Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
52m37Hal
PFC
PFC

Post by 52m37Hal »

Hey All:
I am still around, been reading and posting for about 9 years now, I think. Been a bit quiet of late...
Not much time for working on the never ending M project and waiting to see if I get laid off or not...

Been enjoying the posts though.

Hal, in the North Country of NY (where it really gets cold in the winter(.